Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellis simms motm 2021.jpg

Simmply the best. First of a few prizes coming his way in the merry month of May. Doing the job I hoped he'd do a la Coleman in 2010 but in a goal scoring manner of course. Couple of fences to go to the Championship return (fingers firmly crossed) though Fridays gig looks more like a small hurdle.

Ellis is fast becoming a Tangerine legend without ever playing a first team game for the Toffees. Funny old game as someone once said. But the great relationship and success thereof between the clubs going back half a century and more is about to pay dividends once more. He will get a brilliant reception at BR on Friday night which, as he said last night, will only be the second time he's played with a proper crowd cheering him on. I think he will enjoy the moment.

Anyways in his heart he's a Seasider now : -) so it will be fantastic to see him lift the Play Off trophy aloft in a few weeks time at Wembley with a fair wind and a following sea on the day.

Hope the contract situation with him is sorted out in such a way that he can come back and hone his skills in the Championship and maybe set up a game in the Premier league the season after between his parent club and the club that set him on the road with confidence to grow into a special talent.

Watched Simms a few times this season, seems to have something about him (I know his playing in league 1). Does he come into the first team next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.