Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I'd want him, but if anybody advocates signing that roid head Traore over Dennis, they need to follow a different sport.

Dennis last season
33 games, 10 goals, 6 assists.

Traore over his entire PL career.
160 games, 8 goals, 14 assists.

"But he's really really fast!" Seems to be the argument. Completely ignoring his end product and the fact that all of his past managers are not too upset to move him on.

Dennis or Traore? Not even in the same league.

(but neither are a priority)

i wouldn't be surprised if we get dennis should the broja bid (assuming there is one) falls through.

can't say i'm particularly excited by the prospect.

if we're going to raid watford, i'd rather we went for sarr.

i wouldn't be surprised if we get dennis should the broja bid (assuming there is one) falls through.

can't say i'm particularly excited by the prospect.

if we're going to raid watford, i'd rather we went for sarr.
Why though? Sarr got less than 50% in terms of goals and assists compared with Dennis. Dennis got 10 goals and 6 assists in a crap Watford side. Both the same age too

Why though? Sarr got less than 50% in terms of goals and assists compared with Dennis. Dennis got 10 goals and 6 assists in a crap Watford side. Both the same age too

I think the resistance to Dennis is that, in his career, he had his most productive season last season in terms of goals and assists. Could that be a flash in the pan? Also he got most of those goals and assists in the first half of the season. Did defenders figure him out? And finally Watford signed him for £4m and now want £25m, shouldn’t we be trying to find the next Dennis, rather than overpaying for another player just because they have 1 year of premier league experience?

Looking at Watford forums,Dennis they are resigned to losing,Sarr they could care less.

I think the resistance to Dennis is that, in his career, he had his most productive season last season in terms of goals and assists. Could that be a flash in the pan? Also he got most of those goals and assists in the first half of the season. Did defenders figure him out? And finally Watford signed him for £4m and now want £25m, shouldn’t we be trying to find the next Dennis, rather than overpaying for another player just because they have 1 year of premier league experience?
In our position we need to replace the goals lost from Richarlison leaving. Dennis would do that if he replicates last seasons form and if we can do that at less than half the price we got for Richarlison then that's good business. The "next Dennis" is a bigger risk in that respect

That was thrown at Richarlison the season we bought him. Esp if i remember correctly by paul merson.

Factors in this:
I) Was Watford's most potent, maybe only, attacking threat, so teams would concentrate on defending him, often doubling up;
II) Hodgson took over in Jan and instigated Roy Ball. Set pieces and long balls. Played much better under Ranieri who looked to utilise his pace on the counter and free him up one on one and in the channels.

I'm not saying I'd want him, but if anybody advocates signing that roid head Traore over Dennis, they need to follow a different sport.

Dennis last season
33 games, 10 goals, 6 assists.

Traore over his entire PL career.
160 games, 8 goals, 14 assists.

"But he's really really fast!" Seems to be the argument. Completely ignoring his end product and the fact that all of his past managers are not too upset to move him on.

Dennis or Traore? Not even in the same league.

(but neither are a priority)

All true.

Our attack don't provide enough goals or assists. Buying another player who does exactly the same isn't clever.

Still not changed my view. We need to get a CM and a DM that can pass a ball before we can look at "attacking".

All true.

Our attack don't provide enough goals or assists. Buying another player who does exactly the same isn't clever.

Still not changed my view. We need to get a CM and a DM that can pass a ball before we can look at "attacking".
If we wait for a CM and DM to sign we may well be left looking at free agents to play in attack.

If we wait for a CM and DM to sign we may well be left looking at free agents to play in attack.

Not going to fix the team overnight. So I'd rather frees or loans in attack in order to fix one of the worst midfields in the league.

We have 4 first team central midfield players. One needs shifting, the other is back from injury. So 2 fit midfielders (and one is coming back from injury actually). It's dire.

We currently have 7 attacking players.

Not going to fix the team overnight. So I'd rather frees or loans in attack in order to fix one of the worst midfields in the league.

We have 4 first team central midfield players. One needs shifting, the other is back from injury. So 2 fit midfielders (and one is coming back from injury actually). It's dire.

We currently have 7 attacking players.
As long as they aren't Venezuelan.

Status
Not open for further replies.