End of season fixture backlog - 3 away games to be rearranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding to my earlier post, the scheduling of the Palace vs Everton game for Wed April 13th with an 8pm kick off time is doubly baffling, as the FA are breaching both their own rules AND UEFA's rules.

Breaching their own rules by making us play our 3rd away league game in a row, when 2 away league games in a row is supposed to be the limit.
Breaching UEFA's guidelines by scheduling the match head to head with Champions League games, and having it kick off at 8pm. The weird thing is, the West Ham vs Man Utd cup replay is being played on the same night and has been given a 7pm kick off time specifically so that it doesn't breach UEFA's guidelines and doesn't kick off at the same time as Champions League games. And yet the FA do this with our game.

The FA could have avoided a lot of this by scheduling our game vs Palace for Wednesday April 27th. That would ensure we wouldn't have 3 away league games in a row (only 2). They'd still breach UEFA guidelines with an 8pm kick off time, unless they scheduled it earlier. Us playing the game on April 27th would also help us, as we wouldn't be playing so many games before the semi final.

Just adding to my earlier post, the scheduling of the Palace vs Everton game for Wed April 13th with an 8pm kick off time is doubly baffling, as the FA are breaching both their own rules AND UEFA's rules.

Breaching their own rules by making us play our 3rd away league game in a row, when 2 away league games in a row is supposed to be the limit.
Breaching UEFA's guidelines by scheduling the match head to head with Champions League games, and having it kick off at 8pm. The weird thing is, the West Ham vs Man Utd cup replay is being played on the same night and has been given a 7pm kick off time specifically so that it doesn't breach UEFA's guidelines and doesn't kick off at the same time as Champions League games. And yet the FA do this with our game.

The FA could have avoided a lot of this by scheduling our game vs Palace for Wednesday April 27th. That would ensure we wouldn't have 3 away league games in a row (only 2). They'd still breach UEFA guidelines with an 8pm kick off time, unless they scheduled it earlier. Us playing the game on April 27th would also help us, as we wouldn't be playing so many games before the semi final.

That last bit has answered your question. The more games we play the more chance of any significant viewing figures at all for the cup final (on account of united being in it)

Only thing I can think for the 8pm ko, is maybe because it isn't going to be televised. As for the three away games in a row, I don't understand that.

Only thing I can think for the 8pm ko, is maybe because it isn't going to be televised. As for the three away games in a row, I don't understand that.

im not sure that would matter because you can guarantee it will be shown on various channels around europe.
if it goes ahead on that date and time id say the premier league will incur a large fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back