• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

English Soccer Saturday -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boro vs. The Mighty Whites, 5.20 on Sky, off pub to watch it.

Not expecting anything great, our away form hasn't been the best, but then Boro's form in general hasn't been great either. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Strange goal at Old Trafford - Brunt smashes a free kick along the ground on the right side of the box near the corner flag...bounces off Evra and rolls over the line.

2-1

Bolton 1-1 Stoke (Delap)
Arsenal 2-1 Birmingham (Chamakh)

Controversial goal for Spurs -

Well well well - a Tottenham corner falls to Tom Huddlestone on the edge of the box, and the midfielder crashes a beauty low into the far corner. Spurs' celebrations are cut short, though, with the linesman flagging offside against William Gallas in the box - only for referee Mike Dean, after a chat, to overrule him and allow the goal. Fulham furious - but I have to say it looks a good decision in my books, Gallas certainly didn't touch it or obscure the keeper's view.

All about if Gallas was interfering with play

Mark Bright on Final Score: "Gallas is in an offside position and he attempts to play the ball - even if he doesn't touch it, I think that's offside."

Bit harsh here -

Hara kicks the ball into the air...Carson collects. Ref gives it as a back pass....

Debateable as it wasnt intentional...

Resulting free kick is cleared off the line....

4mins Fergie time at OT.

WBA have hit United on the counter plenty of times but the final ball isnt there...

Baggies could've snatched this.

Bolton 2-1 Stoke (Klasnic - red carded too)
United 2 - 2 WBA FT
Arsenal 2 - 1 Birmingham (Little Jack Wilshire with a red card.)
Fulham 1 - 2 Tottenham
Newcastle 2 - 2 Wigan
Wolves 1 - 1 West Ham

Dont think Wenger can whinge about Wilshire's studs-up lunge on Zigic going straight through his ankle.

Bolton-Stoke fans scrapping in that game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back