Enner Valencia or Big Vic???

Well??

• Big Vic

Votes: 86 22.3%
  • Enner Valencia

Votes: 229 59.5%
  • I'd rather have boiling melted cheese poured into my eyes than watch them wear our shirt.

Votes: 93 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should be closed as it is daft . The lad has not even kicked a ball for us and is getting ripped in to ! Big vic had his chance , failed and has joined the red head traitor at Sunderland who played us like a piano prior to his ill fated spell at the Manure - they will do great and probably get relegated ! Valencia has a good international record but doesn't suit the West Ham style - this lad could be a good signing for us and surely we need to see him in a blue shirt before writing him off !!

This thread should be closed as it is daft . The lad has not even kicked a ball for us and is getting ripped in to ! Big vic had his chance , failed and has joined the red head traitor at Sunderland who played us like a piano prior to his ill fated spell at the Manure - they will do great and probably get relegated ! Valencia has a good international record but doesn't suit the West Ham style - this lad could be a good signing for us and surely we need to see him in a blue shirt before writing him off !!
That is a very heart warming post my friend, i for one agree entirely.

Is it?

I mean, I'd have him over Vic at this point, but it's hardly an exciting signing is it?

He'll have my full support while he's here and I hope he does really well, but I can understand why some are underwhelmed by him

Yes I really think it is.

People are acting like he is a cross between Brett Angell and Hitler.

He may be underwhelming but he is not terrible either. Certainly not to the level of fumage that some have given the signing.

Trust the manager and lets see what the lad can do. I genuinely don't see the point of getting angry about a player who hasn't even played for us yet.

People were underwhelmed by Gueye too. And I reckon its fair to say that those people are looking a bit silly right now (I know its only early days..)

Yes I really think it is.

People are acting like he is a cross between Brett Angell and Hitler.

He may be underwhelming but he is not terrible either. Certainly not to the level of fumage that some have given the signing.

Trust the manager and lets see what the lad can do. I genuinely don't see the point of getting angry about a player who hasn't even played for us yet.

People were underwhelmed by Gueye too. And I reckon its fair to say that those people are looking a bit silly right now (I know its only early days..)

I think your problem is you'd like people to take a reasonable and balanced stance on this signing, but this is the internet and such a thing is an impossibility outside of a small minority of posters

Most people are just varying levels of extremes, because this is the internet and that's really all the internet is

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, if he starts slotting for fun then most will change their tune

I wasn't especially excited to see him signed, but he's here now and I'll be backing him regardless

I'm really not a fan of going on the assumption that the manager is infallible though

I'm seeing a lot of "If he's good enough for Koeman, then we should just go along with it and not raise any questions"

We did that with Martinez and it didn't end well. We should never go on the assumption that the manager can't be wrong, so in some ways I welcome people questioning this signing. If we go down the "Koeman is always right" path, we're basically a cult. I know that Valencia hasn't played for us yet, but there's enough of a body of work out there to suggest he's hardly someone we should be getting excited about. Koeman could be wrong. He could also be right of course, but it's reasonable to consider both outcomes rather than just assume he's always right IMO

And I can understand the shouts of "Let him play for us first before you judge him" but I also equally understand the shouts of "He wasn't very good at his past club, so he probably won't be good for us" as well

Let's use Balotelli as an example

Left City to go to Italy and didn't pull up any trees. When he signed for Liverpool, a lot of people thought it was a rum signing because he wasn't playing particularly well in Italy. Low and behold, he goes to Liverpool and stanks the joint up

Now, you could argue that there was plenty of evidence that said stanking was going to happen before it even happened

So the argument of "Trust Koeman, just because he was poor somewhere else doesn't mean he will be here" can easily be offset with "I've seen him play somewhere else and he was a bit toss and I see no reason why he won't be toss if he does come here"

So to conclude, I think the best COA is to back young Enner and hope he comes through for us. And if doesn't, we can just burn him in a giant wicker man

Everyone okay with that?

Good

And I can understand the shouts of "Let him play for us first before you judge him" but I also equally understand the shouts of "He wasn't very good at his past club, so he probably won't be good for us" as well

Let's use Balotelli as an example

Left City to go to Italy and didn't pull up any trees. When he signed for Liverpool, a lot of people thought it was a rum signing because he wasn't playing particularly well in Italy. Low and behold, he goes to Liverpool and stanks the joint up

Now, you could argue that there was plenty of evidence that said stanking was going to happen before it even happened

So the argument of "Trust Koeman, just because he was poor somewhere else doesn't mean he will be here" can easily be offset with "I've seen him play somewhere else and he was a bit toss and I see no reason why he won't be toss if he does come here"

So to conclude, I think the best COA is to back young Enner and hope he comes through for us. And if doesn't, we can just burn him in a giant wicker man

Everyone okay with that?

Good
Oh my god Mikey, I can't believe that you want us to sign Balotelli.

What I have seen of Valenica is enough to make a judgment:

He can't control a football
Lazy
Doesn't bring team mates into the game

Remind you of anyone?

But he's a blue and I will be more than happy to give lad a chance.

Be off with you, or I'll jump on your head three times
Attempt that sir and I shall pummel you with my kabonger.

giphy.gif

I won't judge him till he's had a run of games in the team, maybe he will fit our set up more than the hammers and he will be playing for a full move.Big Vic isn't good enough.

we said the same about Gueye.against Espanol...was awful.....and now......great signing. Give the lad a chance. Koeman aint daft he knows what hes bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back