Everton’s worst best 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose Slavan Bilic has to be up there, supposed to be the real deal with West Ham, came here was sent off 3 times in his first season, spent most of his second season injured, and had to be paid off with half of the remaining 2 years wages to get him out of the club. Mind you, he was fit enough to play for Croatia in the World Cup during all this, they reached to semi final I believe.

For a long time I have considering the fact we have had a lack of truely world class players at Everton. Only Kanchelskis and teenage Rooney meet that criteria in the modern day.
However we have had an abundance of good players that were well past their best while gracing the everton shirt. Wondered if anyone could improve on this list
pretty sure defensively there are players I have missed:

Gk - Westerveld
Rb - Sidibe (World Cup winner, bit part loan player)
Cb - Ashley Williams (stretching it a little)
Cb - gough
Lb - Kenny sansom
Rm - James
Cm - rooney (second spell)
Cm - gascoigne
Lm - ginola
Cf - e’to
Cf - mark hughes

Who have I missed?
I would put Weir in for both in his prime and past his best, and Sigurdsson whom I mostly despise.

Esper Baardsen has to be keeper I think. Also there must be a spot for Rondon.

we must have an honourable mention for Per Koldrup!

and my all time fave, Terry Curran! Awesome loan spell then went to shiz when signed!

Isn't the idea here to pick players who are actually good or had a decent career before and/or afterwards but didn't hit many/any high notes whilst here? It kind of rules Koldrup/Rondon etc. out.

We're talking about players who were world class before they came to Everton aren't we?

There were a few, but most of you are talking about different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.