Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I thought this was a real weird move bringing on Keane - if I was an attacker on the bench I'd feel like dyche was taking the p1ss out me.

It seemed a bit short sighted?

I think he was brought on for defensive purposes on corners/FKs. Gives us an extra player who can head balls away in those scenarios. You'd rather have him on the field for that than someone like Danjuma. But he was played up top because Dyche wanted to keep a back 4 in non-set piece situations so that we didn't disrupt the defense's cohesiveness.

I can't believe we actually got it done today, was sure I was going to have to read all the amateur mathematicians on Twitter calculating how we could still go down, and professional trolls in the sports pages still salivating at the thought, ahead of Luton on Friday. Saw the first half and we weren't that great but we went in level and got it done second half -- one of those routine wins it would be so nice to get more often in future.

Ivan Toney…. Still the biggest myth in English football.

Absolutely bonkers that there seems to be a lot of talk he could go to Euros ahead of Watkins.

Not only is he thick as owt and has no remorse for why he got banned, he also has downed tools since coming back and openly said he wants to go elsewhere. Wildly unprofessional.