Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate the Derby, they always seem to get the rub of the green, the bounce of the ball, the refereeing decisions. Even when we were good, they'd still beat us. They're our bogey team.
And even when they were crap, they beat us.

Apart from the Ancelotti days there had been little joy from this fixture, especially when we play them at Anfield.

Doesnt mean im not looking forward to it like some dumb drooling dog though. At least we can afford to lose, and we can hurt them good if we get something

Started to change in 2000. Didn't Westerveld kick the ball against someone in the last minute but it was disallowed because they hadn't retreated 10 yards, have a hunch it was Don Hutchinson?

Then the next season actually do get a last minute penalty for something which Unsworth converts. They then get a free kick near the corner flag, Paul Gerrard is busy waving at his Mum in the crowd (the flipping idiot) and Gary McAlister stops it and expertly curls it into the far corner to steal the game.

That's when it turned and bar the odd good result under Moyes it's been very very poor for 25 years which is ridiculous.

Yes that Mcallister one was a f****er , almost had a ruck in the pub with some random who celebrated in my face , he was miles out as well. It really is mad all the bad s*** that happens to us in this fixture. The only ones I can remember it going to s*** for them is the Cadarmarteri one when Grobellar and Macmnaman had a fight and maybe the Andy Johnson one when Reina f**** up.

*1986 Ratcliffe goal from about 50 yards at Anfield, forgot about that

Scumbag Murphy giving us a balanced and impartial take on BBC Sports.

Still, if you look at recent form, Everton have struggled against top-class opposition, and Liverpool are certainly that.

Klopp also has the stronger squad - unlike Sean Dyche he could swap out four or five players who played at the weekend and not be weakened - and on the back of Liverpool's performance at Fulham, I absolutely think they have got what it takes to win this game too.

They will still have to manage the early stages of the derby - the emotional part of it - but then their quality should take over, or at least I hope it does.

Danny Murphy was speaking to BBC Sport's Chris Bevan.
I despise Murphy
Condescending arrogant muppet

I'm convinced that Everton were given all the VAR decisions against Forest so that when Liverpool get 17 penalties against us the PL can use the argument that it all averages out over a season.
Exactly. Luckily, Pickford's 17 penalty saves and the Gomes overhead kick 103rd minute goal from the edge of our penalty area will see us through.

I'm convinced that Everton were given all the VAR decisions against Forest so that when Liverpool get 17 penalties against us the PL can use the argument that it all averages out over a season.
TBH I was thinking that walking away after game. We have got VAR decisions in our favour but not against United, City or RS. Other than when Suarez goal was disallowed, even then Suarez should of been sent off when have we got the rub of the been against them. Youngs handball was far more of penalty than that of one we conceded against City. Think they'll beat us, not because they are great just because we hand games to them all the time. Dyche could of done a De Zerbi before we played Liverpool at Anfield and pointed out favourable decisions against us derbies, put pressure on ref, instead he did what most PL managers do suck up to Klopp, hoping he gives them a compliment. At least Big Sam didn't tolerate Klopps nonsense. Of course Dyche being the genius he is, he'll use the fact that Young nearly gave away 3 penalties as evidence he will be great playing against a pacey RS side when he's 39. The fact he got himself sent off in previous derby who cares, better to have a geriatric than a Scottish lad who you fell you with. Play McNeil on left for 100th time this season, when he's better on right, nearly scored against RS last year from right. Even though DCL has only scored from a penalty he nearly missed and a jammy goal against Burnley. Play him instead of Chermiti, when Chermiti is far more suited to way we play than DCL. I'm convinced if we played Chermiti instead of DCL and McNeil on left with Patto at right back maybe Danjuma on left we will win. But we have Dyche as manager he will play his mates and we will lose.