Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This is the team I would go with
Screenshot_20240424-005903~2.png

Our club's very existence relies on our remaining home games. Not just our status as a top-flight club, but our very existence. Our players, after years of struggling, simply do not have the confidence (or the quality, for that matter), to win away at the Emirates on the final day. So we must have accrued enough points before the final day to guarantee our safety.

We as fans must be the twelfth man that we were during the now legendary Palace game under Frank.

Listening to some of the mutants in the office yesterday, they had some (slight) concerns that we had more to play for in this coming derby, and that there players don’t seem as motivated, particularly against teams who dig in against them. Spent a long time whingeing about how much City and Arsenal have spent, and how the rs should be canonised for challenging on all fronts without spending obscene amounts of money. They were also saying we are where we are because we are crap, not because of financial mismanagement. Completely missing the point that without the financial mismanagement we wouldn’t have had any points deducted. They really are the most deluded bunch of mouth breathers aren’t they. I have never known fans as blinkered. I kept my thoughts to myself, but have saved each comment to be used against them should we win or get a draw (which would effectively end any title challenge hopes). Then i shall wheel out that whilst we are crap, poorly managed etc. we are not serial bottlers. I do enjoy using that one nowadays, it really stings :)