Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone ever managed to listen to games on BBC Radio Merseyside via their phone on an app or something?

I can’t make it to the game tonight and was hoping to listen to the game on the radio if possible.

Had issues in the past where I can listen to the channel but then it gets blocked when the football coverage starts.

….tends to be a radio link on BBC website. Just click on the match and there’s usually a ‘Live’ radio link.

I think the whole fantasy thing of us beating them is lovely and wonderful but let’s be honest, if they turn up, which they will, we are done for. We saw how we played when Palmer and Makuede ran at our back four. Diaz, Nunez and Salah. All I really hope for is not another embarrassment like Chelsea.

Results this season in the PL against the current top 4;

Villa 4 - 0 Everton
Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal
Liverpool 2 - 0 Everton
Everton 1 - 3 Man City
Everton 0 - 0 Villa
Man City 2 - 0 Everton

5 losses 1 draw. 12 conceded, 1 scored.

It’s going to be a long night.
Shocking stats that. Especially just the one goal scored

Put them under pressure, their heads will go. Our best chance for ages. They’ve been really poor.

….ha, ha, we’ll certainly be doing lots of chasing. They’re good in possession, we’re dreadful so I imagine the main pressure will be on the press but that will make it a long night.

We need to ride our luck and keep them out for as long as we can. If we can pinch a goal it gives us something to hang onto but I fear we’ll need 2 to have a chance of getting anything.

Anyone ever managed to listen to games on BBC Radio Merseyside via their phone on an app or something?

I can’t make it to the game tonight and was hoping to listen to the game on the radio if possible.

Had issues in the past where I can listen to the channel but then it gets blocked when the football coverage starts.
You can listen on Everton website

Just Hope we make it a proper derby, get stuck in and stand up to them, and let them know they are in a proper game, instead of crumbling and rolling over like we have so many times.

Thank god we beat Forest, the pressure is off us tonight so that has to help us - it’s a free hit to get the win and make us almost certainly safe, whilst at the same time derailing that shower and sending the Teutonic tit packing with absolutely nothing from his final Derby - there shouldn’t be any further motivation required for our players or manager.

Time for them to stand up and be counted as evertonians and for what that should mean and what it did mean prior to kenwright.