Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Put them under pressure, their heads will go. Our best chance for ages. They’ve been really poor.
If I could be bothered, I’d trawl the vaults for every time someone posted this immediately prior to a derby bumming.

Chelsea are in far greater disarray than this lot and absolutely volleyed us everywhere.

If someone offered me the chance to fast forward to tomorrow morning and reading a match report of a 0-2 defeat I’d snap their hand off tbh. Hate this fixture.

How many wins is it since then ? can’t be many , I can think of 5
I was responding to rochdaleblue, who said that Liverpool had always had a psychological edge over us during his lifetime, even
in the mid eighties.

I hope it cheered him up a bit, but it doesn't seem to have had that effect on you. You were even shocked at the pro-Everton
statistic that I posted. Strange, that.

Think this ends 2-0 to them. They'll get pen and get a 2nd late on as we push for an equaliser.

Hope I'm wrong though, just be physical and give them no room to breathe blues!

Weird I’m not even bothered about this game. We all know the outcome anyway. Bigger game against Brentford. Shows where we are as a club, but that’s how it is.

1000022680.jpg

In good company.

Feeling decidedly relaxed about tonight and not as nervous as usual. GP will be bouncing and we've got nothing to lose. Dyche loves this type of defensive, ugly, frustrating opportunity. It's his speciality normally, and with the failed experiment at Chelsea I think he'll go full-on spoliers tonight - kick everything and everybody, dyche-bomb the hell out of them and bring out the secret weapon with 10 mins to go at 0-0....Big Mick Kegger up top. Blammo. 1-0 the Toffees.

Christ, I'm so relaxed I'm even looking forward to the Coors Light and a toxic pie under the Bullens.

It would be nice to see us have a go at these, not tactically play for a draw. Nothing worse than watching us play for a draw, then the other team score and the players don’t know what to do next.
No way we are going down from this position, we will probably lose either way, so just leave Young out and have a go.