Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

In the spirit of fully expecting a 0-3 defeat this evening, I'd be half tempted to send the players out coked-up to the eyeballs and see how they get on.

I would like us to set up like Atalanta and Palace did with a 3 man centre backs

I think we need to flood the middle to keep them at bay, strengthening our defence and stopping the overlapped full backs.

I expect Garner to be recalled to support Gueye in place of Gomes because we need some extra steel in the middle.

Our attack is limited to DCL who I expect to start with Doucoure backing him up but also McNeil more central like he did on Saturday just drifting in and getting more of the ball.

My XI v RS

Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite
Young - Garner - Gueye - McNeil - Mykolenko
Doucoure
DCL

We will have little attacking options from the bench but Gomes, Danjuma, Onana and Chermiti who can change the game.

COYB

Today the time-honored, storied Merseyside derby will pit the noble relegation strugglers against the odious title contenders, a match of compelling interest to both ends of the table, so on US TV they'll be showing the match between won't-be-finishing-in-the-bottom-three Crystal Palace vs won't-be-finishing-in-the-top-four Newcastle Utd.

We Americans don't understand the soccerball.

The only positive way to view tonight is that we've got a free swing at the bellends. Nobody expects anything other then defeat for us so we might as well just go down swinging.

Honestly? I'll just shrug off a 0-2 defeat or a similer scoreline. I just can't be arsed with a last second blunder or losing to dodgy goal/pen that we've gifted them. Come on blues ffs, get stuck in to the horrible rats!

Mentioned in another thread... it was only a few weeks ago we were looking at this derby as having the potential to hand them the title and relegate us if they won.

I'm now looking at it as an opportunity for us to almost guarantee our survival and fully derailing their title challenge.

How times change.