Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking for a glimmer of hope. They do seem to concede a lot of goals in the first 30 mins this season.
Maybe a fluky setpiece goal from us followed by a back to the wall performance.
Back to the wall anti football for 95 minutes and a sloppy deflected winner from our only shot of the game on 96 minutes... makes Klopps head fall off games like that.

tonight’s match’s thread..
8.04 ffs pickford to could of saved that pen

8:25 why didn’t any anyone track salah?

8:45 on half time it’s disallowed? leg it ref!

9:30 nunez scores garner sent off

9:44 dyche your subs now! you fool!

boooooooo

A load of us are all sharing the misery/elation together at the Belle pub in London.

Should be a fun night regardless of the result.

Love a draw.

Head says 1-3
Am avoiding my local tonight. Can't stand the stink of them. I know we are bad but the plastic Gobbers come across as so privileged yet most of them wouldn't even know how to get to the Pig Pit if they were given a map and an Uber.

People say on here how they hate the club/team/players. I will say I've never felt that way, just more bored and disinterested.

One thing that infuriates me and pushes me close to hatred is how Brendan Rodgers, Lucas Levia, Jordan Henderson and a load of bang average players, (admittedly before Klopp got them going) never lost at Goodison. If we can send Turkey Teeth away with a defeat tonight, almost all will be forgiven.

Had 2 spare tickets so taking my Grandson and Wife again, so im going to spend 110minutes sitting next to my Wife watching a Derby.

Maybe I should have posted this in the worst day ever thread.
Was you hoping to get some peace away from the Wife. Not that you can call Everton that lol

@matty1878 - try and calm down mate, they ain’t worth getting so upset over. You worry me mate.

If we had lost to Forest I get why you would be bricking it, but we didn’t so tonight is a relative free hit for us, and a massive chance to make ourselves practically safe whilst nobbling those barstewards.

I am hoping dyche has drilled that into them - leave everything on the pitch for 100 mins and see where we are at the end.

Even if we get beat tonight, nothing has really changed and it’s still in our hands.

Match facts​

• Everton are winless in their last 12 Premier League home games against Liverpool (D9 L3), their longest run without a home win against any opponent in their league history.
  • Liverpool have lost just one of their last 26 Premier League games against Everton (W12 D13), winning four of the last five and keeping a clean sheet in the last four.
  • Everton have failed to score in each of their last four Premier League meetings with Liverpool, their longest run without a league goal against the Reds since a run of nine between 1972 and 1976.
  • Everton vs Liverpool has seen more red cards than any other fixture in Premier League history (23), with Everton’s 16 the most one side has against another in the competition. Ashley Young was sent off in the reverse fixture, though there hasn’t been a red card in both meetings between the sides since 2005-06.
  • Everton have won both of their last two Premier League home games, each while keeping a clean sheet; the Toffees last won more in a row at Goodison in the competition from May-September 2021 (4), while they last did so without conceding from March-August 2019 (5).
  • This will be Jürgen Klopp’s final Merseyside derby in charge of Liverpool in the Premier League. He’s won nine of his 16 league meetings with Everton (D6 L1), with no Reds manager ever winning as many as 10 league Merseyside derbies. He could also become just the second Liverpool boss to win both his first and last league meeting with Everton, after Kenny Dalglish.
  • Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in six goals in his last five Premier League appearances against Everton, scoring five and assisting one. He scored a brace in the reverse fixture in October – the last player to score 2+ goals in both Merseyside derbies in a league campaign was Dixie Dean in 1932-33, while the last for Liverpool was [Poor language removed] Forshaw in 1925-26.
  • No player has been directly involved in more Premier League goals for Everton this season than Dwight McNeil (8 – 3 goals, 5 assists). However, McNeil has never scored or assisted a goal in 10 league appearances against Liverpool, only facing Manchester United (12) more without a top-flight goal or assist.