Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A quick view of the you tube highlights shows quite clearly that the myth of "Werld klass" Trent Alexander Arnold can finally be put to bed. His positioning and lack of a challenge on the second goal was school boy stuff.
RAWK is fun. Yesterday claiming that they were going to be filthy fouled in into oblivion and they had to keep their cool and play their "better" football, today crying that no one got proper stuck in and put it about a bit. Lovely stuff.
I've just been over to rawk and their match commentary thread is locked, but I found another thread where they talked about it, and
with one exception they mainly spoke about our FFP issues and the inevitable outcome of administration. And with glee.

We picked a great night to put in our best performance of the season.

Can't fault anyone last night - maximum desire and effort from all who were involved and we got our reward. We frustrated them at every opportunity and in the end they ran out of ideas... I certainly wouldn't say it was comfortable, but we rode out the possession/pressure they had in patches and kept them at arms length otherwise.

I thought they were very naive. Anyone with half a footballing brain would have known we'd look to try and not let them get into any rhythm and make the most of any set pieces we got. They were giving away (or, we were winning) lots of silly fouls and a simple block on Van Dijk and they were really struggling to get to grips with it. We nullified Salah (he's dropped off a cliff hasn't he?) and didn't allow Van Dijk to dominate the box... without those 2 firing they look pretty ordinary.
Was game 35 last season (Brighton away), game 34 this.

Went to last night’s match, the last time I had been to a Merseyside Derby was as a 19 year old kid, stood in the Gladys Street, full of hope, and then saw them rip us apart 5-0. It didn’t help Glenn Keeley getting sent off, but that’s about the only excuse from that awful day, made even worse seeing their lot celebrating wildly at the Park End. One or two did the same in the Gwladys Street, that didn’t last too long though as they had sore heads by the time the match ended, and that wasn’t from the beer!

Anyway, fast forward to last night, now 61 years of age and sat in the Upper Bullens. That was a truly magical night, we were so loud, never heard a peep from the RS all night. And then afterwards, being there, singing with thousands of excited Evertonians through the streets around Goodison, what an experience.

The ground should be given World Heritage status and not be touched once we leave. It’s of such great historical importance! Oh, and still give us mega-millions because we gave Goodison to the world.

Anyway, back to the real world. It was a truly great night and one that I was so proud to be a part of and I know that so many more than me on here have had to endure Derby heartache over the years at Goodison and across the park, but we all have our stories and that’s mine.

For a change, there are so many candidates for MoM, none of them played below par. So Pickford, Miko, Branthwaite, Gana, Harrison, DCL? Who to choose?

Well it has to be Idrissa Gana Gueye for another outstanding performance. Give him another contract immediately!
DCL a very close second. That must have been the easiest goal he's scored in the PL, weeerld class "Trent" will be getting a Christmas card off Dom this year lol

I hope we don't revert to type on Saturday against Brentford.

Well, what can is say. It’s been too long coming.

One of the best nights at Goodison I’ve had, and I’ve had some belters.

Easily the kids best night, beating palace - they weren’t born the last time we beat the RS ffs. I’m Absolutley buzzing for them, able to go into school and give a bit of banter back to the mini mutants.

Couldn’t pick a motm - too many candidates all over the park.

Heads banging as I went out after taking the kids home, got home at daft o clock and am in work now, beautifully battered and totally worth it.

Fans were incredible, players gave us something to get behind and we did that in spades - it’s the first time since the bcd Carlo derby that we went toe to toe and didn’t back down from any battle against them, I think we won every one.

I’ve said it for years, imagine if we get our act together on and off the pitch with these supporters we’ve got - the ceiling is scary how amazing it could be, and I hope BMD can harness it, proper lightening in a bottle stuff.

Have that you corrupt premier league shower of cheats - we’re going nowhere.

P.s - I hate suit Dyche Walker but I love Tracky Dyche Walker. UTFT!

“”The ball, the ball, we hardly touched the ball, we beat the shi@e on a Wednesday night, and we hardly touched the ball!”