Everton 2-0 Man City. 16th March @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings:

Mucha - 9/10 - Brilliant display by our number one. Made at least three absolutely vital saves. Top performance.
-
Coleman - 9/10 - Possibly his best performance for us this season. He was exceptional, Kolarov will have nightmares tonight.
Heitinga - 8/10 -
Distin - 8/10 - Both central defenders solid all game. They'll need to keep this up if we're in with a shot for Europe.
Baines - 7/10 - Pretty quiet game by his standards, but decent at the back and troubled them attacking.
-
Mirallas - 7.5/10 - Looked neat and tidy, without threatening all that much. Must be unfit to have been brought off.
Fellaini - 7.5/10 - Decent game, good assist for Jelavic and controlled their midfield but was shacked by the referee booking him early on.
Gibson - 8/10 - Thought he was superb, from first whistle to last. Simple yet very effective.
Osman - 9/10 - A captain's performance (take note, Phil Neville), topped off with a fantastic goal.
Pienaar - 6/10 - Poor to get himself sent off and only himself to blame. Apart from that looked ok, too.
-
Anichebe - 8.5/10 - Didn't directly threaten the goal but his hold up play was great and he was really up for it.

Subs:
Naismith - 1/10 - Don't know what Moyes is seeing in him to bring him on, but there again it is the same man who persists with Neville in important games such as Wigan then has to backtrack once his captain has embarrassed him. Naismith, everything he did reeked of League One.
Jelavic - 8/10 - Didn't have much to do, but what a goal to seal the win, and we could see what it meant to him. Fantastic, son.

Get the [Poor language removed] in, Everton! I'll happily deal with the two years you take off my life every game if it finishes like that every week. Brilliant display, brilliant response.

Anichebe was the perfect lone striker today. A Drogba performance.

Coleman: best RB performance from an Everton player for... well? Over two decades?

Mucha. Just. Mucha.

It was a special performance that, best RB performance I've ever seen.

Neville said at one point that Coleman was doing the work of two men after Pienaar got sent off, and he was not wrong. He was astonishing and completely unbalanced them solely by running around.

Kenwrong in bits, bless.

Got to say I was almost the same at the end of that.

This performance makes the "players are affected by the Moyes situation" argument look even more absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back