Everton 2-1 Real Betis Sunday 11th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
The performance yesterday was a mix of possibly the players suffering from Jetlag, Distin did tweet he still had it after the game and the fact that Betis pressed us brilliantly. If a team presses then you have to be a lot quicker with the ball, Osman wont EVER give you that and Gibson looked injured. Same happened when Heitinga came on, didnt move the ball quick enough. I have no doubt that against Norwich we will most definitely move the ball a lot quicker, but at the same time i dont think they'll press as much. Im not worried as many, but i can understand the worry.
Travel: I cant understand how it was thought a good idea to travel back late Friday from the States. And if it was unavoidable then we really shouldn't have taken that last pre-season game on. Betis: they've been over here for three weeks playing regular and, in our country, facing minimal travel. We were the big game they were building for and it showed. On top of being a very good team anyway they had a perfect opportunity to mug us and they took it in terms of speed of movement and keeping hold of the ball, if not goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back