Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah 100% Lindstrom ain't starting and I got the impression O'Brien won't be
Both didn’t put a foot wrong on Tuesday night, yet it’s back to the tried and trusted failures. Crackers.

Dixon didn’t do anything wrong against spurs, but Young comes on ahead of him tuesdayand will be picked to start on Saturday ahead of Dixon, or Coleman will.

Same goes for Beto - DCL hasn’t done enough to be a shoe in.

McNeil and doucure have stunk - theres no jeopardy for playing badly at Everton.

from press conference doesnt sound like linstrom will start so would like harrison on right
mcneil did ok in no10 roll too slow for wing so ndiaye on left
sadly keane will start again
Though McNeill looked and we played some good football.
Straight back to our usual strict formation and performance in the league though.

Under Dyche we seem the opposite of being a confident outfit no matter who we play. It's trauma. Just in case the Dyche lovers counter attack, I know we've won games under him. For large number of games it's a chore. If we win it's a bonus. Sort of game we should be winning comfortably but that just my view.

Would like to see Tim in front of Gana and Garner, playing the Doucs 10 role. Should mean keeping it tight defensively thru the middle, with a massive upgrade in attack.
Ndiaye on the left.
Switch McNeil to the right ahead of Dixon with Seamus to come on.
Jasper on for Beto's tired legs.
2-0

Tarks already picking up knocks this early in the season dosen't bode well at all.

Guy is a warrior and will play when not close to 100% but it's really risking long term damage and can't afford to lose him for a month or two as you look at the current state of the backline with him in it. Also as much as I love him he's not that good he can get away with being 70-80% at prem level as he will get caught out by quicker and sharper forwards.

Whatever the result on Saturday this is a rare time when an international break is welcome just to get some more players fit for the crucial Leicester and Palace games in September.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back