Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont have a big enough squad to be able to play our first team in both cups all season.

Play the U16s, the League should be our focus.

No me gusta. We’re more than capable of cocking up league games even with a fully rested first 11 so I’d rather just get through the cups. Winning a trophy gets you the same reward as finishing 7th so unless we’re on a major push for fourth it should all be ant the cups in my opinion.

id save the funnies for when the Lincoln fans arrive,if I was you!

Im not as cup hungry as most, for me long term improvement can only be gained by doing well in the league, its our bread and butter.

The reason the majority of our managers have played B teams is that the cup is a lottery, you wont win it if you play your first team every game, it takes luck with draws, luck in games. Of course playing your first team gives you a better chance, but most of the time a manager will consider giving his fringe players a game more beneficial to the squad.

I realise this view isnt shared by most, 24 years is a long, long time and my best recent memories of Everton are Jags peno, Saha slotting, but hey ho, the League is more important for me at this point in time.

No me gusta. We’re more than capable of cocking up league games even with a fully rested first 11 so I’d rather just get through the cups. Winning a trophy gets you the same reward as finishing 7th so unless we’re on a major push for fourth it should all be ant the cups in my opinion.

You get 1m for winning the FA cup, you get less for winning the League cup.

Each league placing is worth around 3m.

Full 11, get it won, into the next round. Don’t want to see any B teams in the cups after going out last season to Southampton at home and Millwall.
Sensible rotation for me. Not changing for changing's sake or just giving any old 11 players a run out like we did against Southampton, but it's an opportunity for some squad players to get 90 minutes. The likes of Sidibe, Holgate, Walcott etc should be playing I think.

Last edited:
He'll deffo rotate cos he'll want to gicd the whole squad a game so I reckon it'll be

Lossl GK
Sidibe RB
Holgate CB
Keane CB
Baines LB
Walcott RW
Gbamin CM
Davies CM
Bernard LW
Iwobi AM
Kean CF

Or something like that anyway, likes of Baines, Holgate, Sidibe and Walcott will be getting minutes imo

You get 1m for winning the FA cup, you get less for winning the League cup.

Each league placing is worth around 3m.

If we won the FA Cup the value of that to the club would be far greater than the extra 3m we’d get from finishing 7th instead of 8th. The bean counters might be unhappy but it would be the FA cup. We’d be going absolutely wild if we won it. You can’t tell your grandkids about the season you came 6th and turned a profit.

He'll deffo rotate cos he'll want to gicd the whole squad a game so I reckon it'll be

Lossl GK
Sidibe RB
Holgate CB
Keane CB
Baines LB
Walcott RW
Gbamin CM
Davies CM
Bernard LW
Iwobi AM
Kean CF

Or something like that anyway, likes of Baines, Holgate, Sidibe and Walcott will be getting minutes imo

I mean thats not a bad "B" team at all.

TO CONFIRM WHATS ALREADY BEEN SAID

AND THERE OTHER PICK

Lossl GK
Sidibe RB
Holgate CB
Keane CB
Baines LB
Walcott RW
Gbamin CM
Davies CM
Bernard LW
Iwobi AM
Kean CF

Would be happy with that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.