• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know that and in my eyes their achievement then is less worthy. Don't be so condescending with the use of the word "Corinthian", it's about values that make competition worthy, not about altering the outcome just because it does not suit you or the club you support.
Fantasy island stuff.

Where is the integrity in four teams starting every season off with squads multiple times stronger than the rest of the league? Where is the integrity in referees favouring elite teams in decision making? Where's the integrity in clubs being allowed to field weakened teams without any punishment?

The only competition is to attract yourelf a large benefactor and join the elite before some other team gets them in first.

Re integrity etc. I dont think anyone is thinking we will in some was contrive to lose the match. I dont want that at all.

I want us to win. But would not be so annoyed/frustrated/fuming as normal if we didnt. And it would also be quite funny.

Do the right thing. Lay down and die on Saturday. Liverpool winning the title will put Everton back years. I'm sure Kenwright et al will know the ramifications for their tenure and have a quiet word with Martinez. A successful Liverpool just brings more pressure on them and their lack of success.

Do the right thing.
Correct.

Naismith sounds up for it......

Steven Naismith insists Everton will continue fighting for Champions League qualification until it is mathematically impossible.

Four points separate the Blues and Arsenal with two Premier League fixtures remaining.

Everton host Manchester City this Saturday before travelling to Hull on the final day of the season, whereas Arsene Wenger’s side entertain West Bromwich Albion on Sunday and then conclude their campaign against Norwich City at Carrow Road.

Results this weekend could therefore see the Toffees remain in the top-four shake-up or completely out of the Champions League picture.

And Naismith says that even if the Blues fall just short in their quest, Europa League football - which will be achieved with the accumulation of one more point - would be a worthy reward for an excellent first season under Roberto Martinez.

The Scot told evertontv: “All we are concentrating on is securing European football.

“We would be so disappointed if we couldn’t finish in fifth. I think we have deserved it for the way we have played this season and the push we have had for fourth.

“It’s disappointing that [it seems] we have missed out on that [finishing fourth] because, although it’s not mathematically impossible, we slipped up against Crystal Palace and at the weekend.

“We will definitely be doing all we can but Arsenal have capitalised. We will fight to the end but the main thing is that we have got to finish fifth.”

As well as continuing their Champions League push, Naismith adds that Everton’s players want to thank the fans for their support this season by signing off from home duties in the best possible fashion on Saturday evening.

Goodison is again set to be rocking with all tickets sold for the 5.30pm kick-off.

Naismith continued: “The last home game is good for so many reasons, especially with the great season we have had and just to thank the fans for their help throughout.

“It’s coming to the end of a hard gruelling season and hopefully the sun will be shining on Saturday night and we can put on another good performance.

“There is a lot riding on it because we need points to secure fifth and Manchester City got a boost from the Liverpool-Chelsea result, which showed in their performance straight after [against Crystal Palace] when they started fast, got an early goal and pushed on from there.

“We know that’s what they are going to be like. They got a lot of confidence from last week and will be able to see the finishing line to win the Championship.

“We need to start well, control what we can, play the way we can and take our chances when they come along.”
Do you wanna like fudge of mate?

What kind of message would it send out to Roberto if he thinks some fans want his team to lose?

I can't bring myself to wish defeat upon my own team, and certainly not for Liverpool.
Well Roberto will understand that we were embarrassed by that 4-0 and the only way to make up for it is by them not winning the league. I'm sure RM understands why the fans would want us to lose.

Yep.

13 years posting on the official site, over 18,000 posts & I'm only 28.

Desperately hoping for you guys to get something Saturday.

If we miss out on the title & you miss top 4 at least we both have managers we can trust & hope for the future.

Abramovich & the Arabs won't be around forever.

Unfortunately, the Arab clubs will only get stronger and probably won't need funding once they've become as big as the likes of Real Madrid / Man Utd / Bayern etc.

And when Suarez buggers off to Real Madrid, Liverpool will become the 'nearly men' once again.

Yep.

13 years posting on the official site, over 18,000 posts & I'm only 28.

Desperately hoping for you guys to get something Saturday.

If we miss out on the title & you miss top 4 at least we both have managers we can trust & hope for the future.

Abramovich & the Arabs won't be around forever.

You've almost spent as much as both. Stop pretending you're poor and achieved something great by challenging. Benetiz spent more money in his term than we did in the entire premier league

Well Roberto will understand that we were embarrassed by that 4-0 and the only way to make up for it is by them not winning the league. I'm sure RM understands why the fans would want us to lose.
I think he'll also understand that if they dont win the league then his achievement with us will not be overlooked or diminished. I'm not sure how that will play out with his approach to this game (obviously he'll go for a performance - I'm just hoping he'll know that the intensity of our game should be turned down a few notches).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back