Everton End of Season Awards thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In lieu of the club for once reading the room and seemingly scrapping the annual end of season awards bash, what better place to celebrate the fantastic efforts put in by our heroes in Blue in the 2022/23 Premier League campaign than right here on GOT?
  • Who is your Player of the Season?
  • Young (23 and below years of age) Player of the Season?
  • What was your Goal of the Season?
  • Who do you award the converted Chairman Bill's Blueblood Award to?
Who is your Player of the Season?
Dwight McNeill

Young Player of the Season?
Anthony Gordon

What was your Goal of the Season?
McNeill vs Crystal Palace

I'll go with McNeil, hard on pickford but I'm really impressed with this lad and now he survived the idiot lampard he looks a player.

No real stand out youngster, Patterson and Garner will both be good players though. Onana is a huge talent and played the most games.

Gray vs City, blammo

Kev The rat

POTY: Pickford
YPOTY: McNeil
The what

Genuinely can't remember half the goals we've scored this season, and we've barely scored any, some good ones:

McNeil vs Saints
Iwobi vs United
Dom vs Palace
McNeil vs Palace
Gray vs City
McNeil vs Brighton (either)
Keave vs Spurs
You won’t get a better chance to be able to remember half of our goals.

• Who is your Player of the Season?
Iwobi
  • Young (23 and below years of age) Player of the Season?
McNeill
  • What was your Goal of the Season?
Keane
  • Who do you award the converted Chairman Bill's Blueblood Award to?
@matty1878 for bravery in the face of adversity.

We are fighting for survival again and people think they deserve awards?

They deserve nothing except a rocket up their arses for getting us into this position!!!!!!
I feel the opposite of this. It is a venerated tradition in many walks of life including football to have a banquet with awards to mark the end of something. There are players that performed this year, even if not to standard. There were some great goals, even if there weren't as many as we would like. The fault for this is not the players, but the management of the squad that led us to put these players on the pitch. Of course, if we feel the players don't p ut in maximum effort, my statement above changes, but I think they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.