Everton, fan tokens and cryptocurrency

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
I am fully aware that many on here are reluctant to take any/much of what The Esk says seriously but, in this instance with Everton announcing (along with Arsenal, Leeds and City) a liaison with a cryptocurrency operation, it might be worth setting bias and jaundice to one side and read his latest article.

Esk has been looking into an interesting but potentially concerning development involving four Premier League clubs and the world of cryptocurrency.

At a time when fans everywhere are looking for more and better transparency in the game, is ‘buying influence’ through crypto really the way things should be heading ?

Crypto is a scam and its bad the club has gotten involved
Bit of a broad and ignorant generalisation there. Some crypto is a scam i.e. rugpulls etc and Bitcoin (which literally does nothing). Other crypto will be used in the future esp in the the financial sector and for big data. It'll be big in gaming also with NFTs etc. Its also already being used for proof of vaccination in some places.

Last edited:
Big of a broad and ignorant generalisation there. Some crypto is a scam i.e. rugpulls etc and Bitcoin (which literally does nothing). Other crypto will be used in the future esp in the the financial sector and for big data. It'll be big in gaming also with NFTs etc. Its also already being used for proof of vaccination in some places.

Big scam, all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.