Everton FC fan on racism rap over ‘French’ heckle of Louis Saha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena

Player Valuation: £70m
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/03/08/everton-fc-fan-on-racism-rap-over-french-heckle-of-louis-saha-100252-28295544/

AN EVERTON FC fan is to appear in court for an allegedly racist shout at Louis Saha.

David Sibson, 57, was thrown out of Goodison Park after shouting that the striker was “a useless French lazy b******”.

Mr Sibson has been summonsed to appear before North Liverpool magistrates on March 24 for a public order offence, including alleged racially aggravated harassment.

Police investigated after other fans complained about Mr Sibson’s conduct at a match. No complaint was made by Mr Saha or Everton FC, but the club reportedly confiscated his season ticket.

Mr Sibson, of Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, was reported to have said: “I’m facing a criminal prosecution just for calling a Frenchman French. If that is racist then I suppose I’m guilty.”

A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: “The allegations are wider than alleged comments made about a footballer, but that is evidence that will be heard at court."

Everton FC’s spokesperson declined to comment.

Ghost would be in his element

I can't stand racism, hate it.

But this seems a bit harsh like, all he did was state that Saha was French, "Useless" and "Lazy Barsteward" were the insults...

"The allegations are wider than alleged comments made about a footballer"

So really then, unless I'm mistaken, he's done more than just call him French?

I can't stand racism, hate it.

But this seems a bit harsh like, all he did was state that Saha was French, "Useless" and "Lazy Barsteward" were the insults...

Imagine if he said saha was like a woman driver behind the wheel could be a prison sentance.

its all down to the context it was being said , but i dont beleive for a second all he said was “a useless French lazy b******”.
the sentence on its own seems disjointed and unatural imo. im betting the word 'black ' was said in there somewhere.

the only negative terms in the original sentence is 'useless' 'lazy' and ' b******' i highly doubt that a court would do anything about any of those terms otherwise the courts will be filled with thousands of lawsuits against football fans every week.

king louis is french , so mentioning that he is isnt racist imo . if it was , is it racist to also say someone is a french international for example ?
calling him a lazy useless b******* becouse he is french though , is racist becouse it implies just by being french means you must be ' a lazy useless b******'.

if he called saha a 'lazy french useless b*******' becouse his opinion is that he actually is lazy french useless and a b*******' then thats not racist either , but defamation of character.

the bloke sounds like a pillock anyway.

just pathetic, and so is the sad act who reported him.

imagine if he had have called saha the n word - thats racist, this is bull.

I'm sorry but this is a pretty serious matter. How would you like it if someone accused you of being French? Eh? Eh?

Exactly.

Last edited:
At least 30% of that rant is factually correct, it's all in the context really.

Status
Not open for further replies.