Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad is mid table. The first XI is good enough to give most teams a game but we’ll never finish in the top 6 with the lack of depth we have. Injuries are part and parcel of the PL and you have to have a squad capable of getting results without key players if you want to get into compete. We don’t have that.
But that's not what the poster said. They said even a fully fit squad is only mid table. That's just not true. The squad is capable of better than mid table, like I said. But yes, we just need more luck with injuries.

But that's not what the poster said. They said even a fully fit squad is only mid table. That's just not true. The squad is capable of better than mid table, like I said. But yes, we just need more luck with injuries.
Certainly if we kept our best players fit for most of the season then we could push top 7 or 8. Losing DCL for a reasonable amount of time this season has been absolutely disastrous so far. Makes me concerned about the team once we do sell him as goodness knows who these clowns will bring in.

How are you fine not improving what is already a poor squad for a further year, I'm worried we might not even stay in the prem this year and I'm dead serious. Our squad has zero depth or quality so in what universe do we shift dead wood yet not improve the squad and be able to survive. We are already scraping the barrel with the deadwood as it is because the squad is threadbare. We will be bottom 6 by January with no hope of improving the squad. First 11 is midtable but it is never fit. Worrying times.

Too add to my comment, about reinvesting, who the hell is paying money for our deadwood.

Take a look at players out of contract the next 2 summers.

We get the deadwood out on frees/low transfer fees and bring in the low cost transfers.

Not sure why we would spend under Benitez?

Hes made 5 signings already of which 2 have been successful.

We get the deadwood out on frees/low transfer fees and bring in the low cost transfers.

Yeah I get the contracts ending soon but we won't get any money back for 95% of them. We also cannot buy anyone who improves us without major sales so that weakens an already poor squad. If relying on free transfers to make us fight for Europe is possible then I'm not convinced. And what make you think we can bring players in, we haven't been able to replace our right back in 4 years. This club is focused solely on the new ground and sadly reflects the shambles on the entire playing squad Inc the under 21s. Not convinced Benitez will stay beyond next summer anyway.

Love this sentence - absolutely laced with agenda from counting Longeran who's not even played a game as being "unsuccessful" to assuming signing 5x players for a grand total of £1.7 million is in anyway a stick to beat the manager with in terms of spotting an eye for talent.

Great work Zat mate lol

No way we have a team capable of top 6/7, 10th possible. My post was pointing to our squad which worries me, the reply was in response to the poster said he was ok with no investment just use money from the deadwood, my point was there wouldn't be any money from the deadwood and investment is crucial or we get relegated period.

The squad is no where good enough, the first team is top 6 or 7 in my opinion. The spine has been ripped out of our team, Pickford has been injured, Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and Calvert Lewin, for most of the season. Four really good additions and a bit of luck with injuries, for a change, will easily see us challenge for Europe.

The squad is no where good enough, the first team is top 6 or 7 in my opinion. The spine has been ripped out of our team, Pickford has been injured, Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and Calvert Lewin, for most of the season. Four really good additions and a bit of luck with injuries, for a change, will easily see us challenge for Europe.
But the reason we will never complete is because our recruitment is terrible. A few injuries and we are championship level. It's been rotten for to long. We Never buy clusters of young players to play a certain way. We never have luck with injuries which needs to be looked at, most of our injuries are self inflicted it seems. This squad is awful. All teams get injuries to key players but I think the majority of the teams have far better cover than we do. 35 - 40 points looks unlikely for me and that worries me more than any other season in recent memory. Chances of our best team being available for the majority of the season is improbable let's be honest.

Yeah I get the contracts ending soon but we won't get any money back for 95% of them. We also cannot buy anyone who improves us without major sales so that weakens an already poor squad. If relying on free transfers to make us fight for Europe is possible then I'm not convinced. And what make you think we can bring players in, we haven't been able to replace our right back in 4 years. This club is focused solely on the new ground and sadly reflects the shambles on the entire playing squad Inc the under 21s. Not convinced Benitez will stay beyond next summer anyway.

We can sign players who are out of contract. There are plenty of good ones coming available.

Love this sentence - absolutely laced with agenda from counting Longeran who's not even played a game as being "unsuccessful" to assuming signing 5x players for a grand total of £1.7 million is in anyway a stick to beat the manager with in terms of spotting an eye for talent.

Great work Zat mate lol

He hasnt spent £1.7mil.

Dearie me...agenda driven?!?!?!

Of course Lonergan, Rondon and Begovic are flops.

Sorry but there's a bit of sensationalism in there. Pickford has played 10 of our 11 games. Richie has only missed 4 of 11 (of which we won 1 and drew vs united). The other 3 are key but we have other options at CB and mina has been regularly in and out of the team for years and we have managed. I like him as a defender but there does seem to be an element of posters making him out to be better than he is because he is missing.

We can sign players who are out of contract. There are plenty of good ones coming available.

He hasnt spent £1.7mil.

They all signed for free for no wages. Doing us a favour (rondon certainly isn't on the reported 90k a week). Same as benitez who I'm sure took no signing fee and isn't one of the highest paid managers in the league.

But the reason we will never complete is because our recruitment is terrible. A few injuries and we are championship level. It's been rotten for to long. We Never buy clusters of young players to play a certain way. We never have luck with injuries which needs to be looked at, most of our injuries are self inflicted it seems. This squad is awful. All teams get injuries to key players but I think the majority of the teams have far better cover than we do. 35 - 40 points looks unlikely for me and that worries me more than any other season in recent memory. Chances of our best team being available for the majority of the season is improbable let's be honest.

A few fair points I'll give you that, but the not getting to 35-40 points, haha we will walk past that.

He hasnt spent £1.7mil.

I'm loving the fact we can look forward to players out of contract. Don't know why I was so negative. Haven't we been down this road anyway. Really smacks as a club trying to achieve success isn't it.

A few fair points I'll give you that, but the not getting to 35-40 points, haha we will walk past that.
You think. Don't forget our fixtures go in reverse so our end of season run in will be similar to this run of games against the top teams, hope to christ we have enough points by the end of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.