Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know even less about the £90k a week figure, as there's quite literally NOTHING to suggest he's on that.
There's nothing reliable saying he's on £40k unless [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] are now a reliable source. One source on the Google search you did said he was on $33k, why not pitch that figure? You're quick to slate others sources but want us to believe [Publication is blacklisted due to spam]? Whether he is on 50p or £500k a week he's a shocker and is a product of a Benitez-led transfer policy, the policy you want us all to fall in line with. And before you start banging on about £1.7m, there isn't going to be a lot of dosh in the next few windows either so whoever is in charge is going to have to do better than Rondon.

If Brands did walk I would guess he's as petrified as some of us. IF we stay up our talent is going to be walking out of the door for underwhelming fees. We're looking at DCL, Richy, and Pickford, all as good as gone in the summer. Don't doubt it for a second.

If we survive this season the summer transfer window is the biggest in this clubs history. We're looking at a complete rebuild of the only special players in the squad while still hamstrung financially. If we get it wrong we're completely finished. Marcel knows this and must be very very scared of the magnitude of the task.

Benitez must still have good contacts within European football, the signings of Townsend, Gray and Rondon were out of short term necessity with little or no budget. He was obviously told when he took the gig that there were no immediate funds, but come January there will be more some money to spend, otherwise, apart from the antipathy from the fans and the wages from the job (Ok), what was the point?
He must know a RB somewhere in either Spanish or European football that can come in for a few million and slot in and immediately improve on Coleman.
In the same way, he must also know a decent holding midfielder with legs and a solid CB somewhere in Europe that are better than what we have without bankrupting us.
Moshiri and Brands surely must be working with him on targets even now. It can't take that much know how to improve on Holgate, Mina, Davies, Tosun and Gomes surely?
All I want Brands to do is to negotiate the exit of the rubbish, most of which he's signed and leave Benitez with a few bob in January to bring in some players that will instantly improve us.
Between Benitez and Brands I know who I'd rather trust with a small transfer budget to get short or medium term rewards,
While I'm no fan of Benitez, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have paid 30m for Iwobi or Walcott.
Interesting post this, you know what your last line is spot on too

Benitez must still have good contacts within European football, the signings of Townsend, Gray and Rondon were out of short term necessity with little or no budget. He was obviously told when he took the gig that there were no immediate funds, but come January there will be more some money to spend, otherwise, apart from the antipathy from the fans and the wages from the job (Ok), what was the point?
He must know a RB somewhere in either Spanish or European football that can come in for a few million and slot in and immediately improve on Coleman.
In the same way, he must also know a decent holding midfielder with legs and a solid CB somewhere in Europe that are better than what we have without bankrupting us.
Moshiri and Brands surely must be working with him on targets even now. It can't take that much know how to improve on Holgate, Mina, Davies, Tosun and Gomes surely?
All I want Brands to do is to negotiate the exit of the rubbish, most of which he's signed and leave Benitez with a few bob in January to bring in some players that will instantly improve us.
Between Benitez and Brands I know who I'd rather trust with a small transfer budget to get short or medium term rewards,
While I'm no fan of Benitez, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have paid 30m for Iwobi or Walcott.
What a load of speculative nonsense.

Thing is one's our best defender so we then need to replace him and bringing in a player of that quality takes £20m.

Then, Allan is a good player if used properly but is being played in a midfield two, tasked with being a sitting player, which exposes his flaws and stops him from being able to do what he's good at.
I'm not doubting he is a good player, but in a two which seems to be the preferred formation he's a liability, can get around the pitch. Ancellotti knew this having had him at Napoli but still kept persisting with it, Benitez has only followed suit.

Lorenzo Insigne.

In all honesty I think there will be some good players available cheap, there are a lot of clubs feeling the crunch of financial regulations.

We know Barca are having a fire sale and want rid of a number of players, as do Juventus.
Yeah, Insigne will fit right in with our financial restrictions on his wages. I’m sure he’ll come here for 50k a week.

No, but you can expect the likes of Longstaff and Clarke to go with Rondon, howay the toon.

Status
Not open for further replies.