Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if its 541 tbh.

We saw last season we can actually defend when we literally camp ourselves in our own half.

I think the defence looks a lot better when Mina is in it regardless getting a long term replacement for him who can stay fit is essential.

I’d honestly go with Mina/Branthwaite Godfrey as the CB pairing for the rest of the season and just accept any mistakes they make. At least it would give us some pace and aggression in that area. Keane and Holgate are just terrible at the moment.

In the summer we'll be rid of Tosun, Kenny, Gyifi, Begovic + Longeran (I think) and Delph - assuming he doesn't get a new 1 year deal on reduced terms, so that should help the wage budget a lot. Of course, it will be taken up again by any big signings.

As for FFP/big spending, I'm personally of the opinion it is a very convinient excuse for Moshiri to reign in the spending to a large degree, but still get to make the right noises to appease the fans. He's seen over £400m of his money wasted on dross with very little resale value, and is now probably thinking to himself no more big spending, plod along in the Prem, don't get relegated, sign a player or two if we really need to, but reassess the situation once the new stadium move happens.

Are all their contacts expiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.