Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is if we bought players like that the bed wetters would be kicking off saying they’re not good enough. If they don’t score a hat trick on their debut then they’re crap according to most.

I think the opposite is true as well, though. Someone makes a decent pass on their debut and people start raving off them. I think most clubs are like this. Players have to prove themselves. Vlasic is getting a similar reception at West Ham as he did here. They love Bowen and Soucek though because they're good players.

I think the opposite is true as well, though. Someone makes a decent pass on their debut and people start raving off them. I think most clubs are like this. Players have to prove themselves. Vlasic is getting a similar reception at West Ham as he did here. They love Bowen and Soucek though because they're good players.
If we were in for a player from Hull where Bowen was signed from people would be kicking right off.

If we were in for a player from Hull where Bowen was signed from people would be kicking right off.

He was banging them in left right and centre for Hull - baffled me why more clubs weren’t after him.

I think people would be happy with young, hungry players from the Championship. Normally works better for us than expensive cast offs from the super clubs.

Our fans would have ripped anyone who suggested them two though, a lot of our fans are snobs when it comes to footballers.

I don't think that's the case tbh. We'd have that Johnson at Notts Forest and he probably isn't even doing as well as Bowen was at Hull.

West Ham have Moyes though, whose ability to set up a defence probably went a long way to ensuring their survival. We can't keep a clean sheet.

A friend of mine is the manager of Dartford Youth Team and they played Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup and Loftus Cheek played, it was funny to watch how much better he was, i'm about 7yrs older than him and he looked like he could had been my dad he was that much bigger than me and everyone else. Was a super talent, but hasn't kicked on as yet.

Terrible player Loftus Cheek

He was banging them in left right and centre for Hull - baffled me why more clubs weren’t after him.

I think people would be happy with young, hungry players from the Championship. Normally works better for us than expensive cast offs from the super clubs.
I’d love us to scout the championship, some cracking players there.

Status
Not open for further replies.