Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching Leicester in Europe. My god their squad is so much better it’s laughable.
Daka as third choice striker instead of Rondon.
Think its unfair to expect Brands to have heard of Daka. As 1 he didnt play in the premier league and 2 he wasnt sat on a bigger clubs bench. What do you want him to do scout in europe for low price players that would improve the squad? You ask the impossible.

I realistically don’t see how much we can do in Jan from an availability of players and funds point of view.

Supposedly we might be able to spend £9m we saved on James’ wages and potentially a bit more left to go towards wages for loans.

However, I am not sure who will be available to take on loan that would cover the positions we need. We are going to have to be looking at the clubs who hoard players like Chelsea and maybe United but the way United are going I don’t see them doing us any favours just like when we wanted Rojo or Romero.

Perhaps we can persuade Chelsea to let us have Loftus cheek because I think he has serious potential but I also think tuchel rates him highly so doubt it.

As for RB, maybe there is someone at Barca that they need rid of to comply with their financial rules.

It depend really. If Newcastle offered crazy money for DCL 100mil say. I’d take it and I’m sure Everton would. With selling kean and hopefully a few more, we could really re-group and buy 5/6 quality players.

Obviously it wouidnt be great losing all 3. Im
Hopeful Mina signs a new deal. Richarlison I’m not sure
DCL will not be going to Newcastle, why would he? He will have better offers from teams in the CL.

If they aren’t interested and a team offers enough money. it could happen. I’m sure city finished below us when They bought Lescott
Newcastle are nowhere near where city were at that point. City were building to move from top right challengers to top four. Newcastle are going to have to survive in the league first which isn't a formality.Not saying with their wealth Newcastle couldn't be a force in future years but why would DCL go there now when he will have CL options? He isn't the type just to go for money is he? He will want a step up to a top four team if he leaves us a City/United. Of course he will be on the lists of all these clubs he's an English striker in his prime or just before it. Anyway the Newcastle link strikes me as paper talk.

Newcastle are nowhere near where city were at that point. City were building to move from top right challengers to top four. Newcastle are going to have to survive in the league first which isn't a formality.Not saying with their wealth Newcastle couldn't be a force in future years but why would DCL go there now when he will have CL options? He isn't the type just to go for money is he? He will want a step up to a top four team if he leaves us a City/United. Of course he will be on the lists of all these clubs he's an English striker in his prime or just before it. Anyway the Newcastle link strikes me as paper talk.
It probably is just paper talk. And again it’s only city & Utd who will be after him out of the champions league teams. And DCL won’t be first choice for them teams.

Again I’m sure city went and bought a couple of Arsenal best players when they were a champions league team and city weren’t.

All I’m saying if Newcastle offered ridiculous money I doubt Everton say no. DCL can always say no

It probably is just paper talk. And again it’s only city & Utd who will be after him out of the champions league teams. And DCL won’t be first choice for them teams.

Again I’m sure city went and bought a couple of Arsenal best players when they were a champions league team and city weren’t.

All I’m saying if Newcastle offered ridiculous money I doubt Everton say no. DCL can always say no
Everton wouldn't, Dom would.

Status
Not open for further replies.