Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never going to build a team in one transfer window. The January transfer window is better for selling than buying and unless we are going to sign players getting very close to the end of their contracts I don't see us doing much business next month.

I think our first eleven is good and will win lots of games , but we simply do not have the cover in the full back areas, in midfield and in the forwards to compensate for when players are out.

We need a left back and a right back, hopefully GBamin can strengthen central midfiel but we need wide players left and right in midfield, we need cover for DCL and we need players with pace.

We are probably two years away yet from being serious top four challengers and I don't think there are any stars in the academy who can help shorten that timeframe.

We have a wide player, a RB, and a LB who aren't getting a chance. They're raw (ok JJK isn't that raw) but they should be good enough to back up when the starters are out, rather than playing guys out of position. But we've all been saying that.

I don't expect that we'll get starting players in the window. I think it's realistic to hope for some squad players, that could help us weather a few games without a starter. i.e. Richarlison's suspension - obviously we're an inferior side without him, but we shouldn't be getting 0/9 points against mediocre opposition, even a replacement-level backup and we get some points in there. Not too much to ask to get a couple of those guys in this window.

• Sigurdsson
  • Bernard
  • Delph
  • Besic
  • Bolasie
  • Kenny (if he's not getting a game over Godfrey, Iwobi and Davies)
Get as many of these guys off the payroll as we can, don't care if they're all loans, it'll just be nice to have big wages off the books and in the case of the first 3 players, to remove the option for them to play for us full stop.

Tosun would also be on that list, but the decision to let Kean go now means we're stuck with Tosun until the summer.

Priorities for me are a right back and a forward who can operate in wide areas and the middle.

Gbamin hitting any sort of level this season would be a big, big plus, though in the meantime either a loan / short term deal for someone who can properly sit at the base of a midfield 3 would be much appreciated.

Not expecting anything from Jan really as that's just the nature of the Jan window, but literally any of the above happening would be a big big boost as far as I'm concerned.

I wont list again, or argue who, should go. Mainly because I start to cry when totting up how much money and time has been wasted on them.

My issue is a major clearout is a priority just to improve the spirit at the club, too many passengers or shirkers must sabotague Carlo building this.
Easy for me to say when it's not my money though.

It's as much making space for any signing to fill, in a meaningful manner. It doesn't always have to be high profile ones either, I've been impressed with the likes of Bowen at WHU for example. No doubt many feel we should be aiming higher, but our aim is rather off at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back