Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why scott gemmill gets thrown into groups like this all the time. He was lightweight and could get muscled off the ball i accept that. But he never played for brian clough teams for years for no reason. He could pass a ball and he always gave 100%. i'd exchange him for mike milligan.
I think the fact he looked such a weed made him a hard sell.

It is easy to highlight these examples, but we have had quality players during this period as well? People forget fast.

Eriksen is a good player, but he's not exactly Maradonna, is he? There are pros and cons, and they are usually discussed in a football forum.

What will we get by signing Eriksen, and what will we not get? What does the team need? Can we play with both JR and Eriksen, and how? (We are not exactly Real Madrid yet = We do not have 70/30 in ball possession).

Personally, I am unsure, as his form has been declining for several years. I'm also not sure if Eriksen has the qualities that Everton need most right now. On the other hand, he is a good footballer at his best, and I think he and Ancelotti will be a good match.
If we are comparing people to Maradonna we are going to end up with a fairly light squad...

DCL aint getting the ball though, at least not where he wants it. We need ceativity

There is nobody pushing DCL for his position, you must have competition for places to get continued improvement...

There is a lack of goals in our squad...

DCL gets injured we are very limited in replacing him...

Three good reasons to invest in another striker....

We need 2/3 more signings in Jan window if we are seriously thinking about top 6...

Erikson would be a luxury player in the mould of James, but not as good. If we shift any of our deadwood in this window and get serious money for Kean, we need to inject serious pace and quality into the side in the form of Depay or Bailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.