Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a degree in economics - I am not suggesting we spend €100m. I am saying we should have been able to ensure our world-class once-in-a-generation manager had some options with which to strengthen the squad in the event of an injury to one of our two forwards or our right back. To expect this is not to expect us to break transfer records. It's basic good management. It's why people like Marcel Brands are employed.

You're right, though. Carlo is no fool. He'll know he won't be thanked if we finish mid-table, which is pretty much where this squad is destined to end up given the lack of even shallow depth.
I can count my change.

Don't think he's terrible - just think he's miles away from Premier League football. Too passive, never seems to put a mark on a game. Loan will do him good.
My feeling is he'd do fine if he came into a team playing real football like we were early in the year where he looked good in the EFL cup games. Admittedly those were less good teams but him and Nkounkou both looked solid in a team that wanted to have the ball and had the passing play to back it up. I'm not really surprised he's struggled in our current side or in the side that played during the restart nonsense.

Learning how to play in those teams will be good for him but we won't see his best playing like we have.

Its the same thing as what I posted about Branthwaite and Nkounkou that you liked.

He's not a chicken yet and we shouldn't be counting him as one. He might turn out good or he might not. Still far too early to tell.
Yeah and I agree with that, but a lot of Gordon posts seem to be doing the opposite and just fully writing him off as basically Dowell reincarnated where his talent is never going to show up.

I've a degree in economics - I am not suggesting we spend €100m. I am saying we should have been able to ensure our world-class once-in-a-generation manager had some options with which to strengthen the squad in the event of an injury to one of our two forwards or our right back. To expect this is not to expect us to break transfer records. It's basic good management. It's why people like Marcel Brands are employed.

You're right, though. Carlo is no fool. He'll know he won't be thanked if we finish mid-table, which is pretty much where this squad is destined to end up given the lack of even shallow depth.

Ahahahhahahaa and out of nowhere the legend has arrived @JimmyJeffers

Being very philosophical lately.
We are in the middle of a global pandemic, after it ends, if it does, the financial outlook will be less than ideal, coupled with worldwide instability, deaths, murders, the world we live in is a cesspit.

If you thought about that, hourly, most would probably walk off a bridge.

There is untold joy in this world, you just have to savour it.

Focus on the positives, even when they arent obvious.

Goat 2021

Yeah and I agree with that, but a lot of Gordon posts seem to be doing the opposite and just fully writing him off as basically Dowell reincarnated where his talent is never going to show up.
But thats because they're reacting to the people claiming he should be starting games on the back of very little so far.

Dowell is the perfect example of why we can't build expectations on these youth players. He was a nearly man for about 7 years and typically that is the way it goes with most youth academy prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.