Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom Ready For Baggies via Official EFC

52f474f6a77a4e6182dd1849cc5035da.jpg
Ronald Koeman expects Romelu Lukaku to be fit for Everton’s trip to West Bromwich Albion next weekend. The Belgian striker watched on from the sidelines as Ross Barkley’s early free-kick helped the Bl…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Moyes says Everton target Kone did not ask for a transfer via Royal Blue Mersey

589304468.0.jpg

What is going on with this whole fiasco

Everton’s chase for Sunderland defender Lamine Kone has taken another unexpected twist. His manager David Moyes said in his post-match press conference that Kone claimes to have no knowledge of the statement that was attributed to him from a couple of days ago.

Kone had a solid game in the backline for the Black Cats, despite their 2-1 loss to Manchester City. After the game, Moyes said –

Moyes on Kone: He played well. I was very pleased with him. #SAFC

— James Hunter (@JHunterChron) August 13, 2016

Moyes: I expect him to stay. I spoke to him yesterday, and he didn't know anything about his statement. #SAFC

Very interesting. Moyes says Kone is claiming he knew nothing about the statement put out in his name. #SAFC

So, if Kone's statement came as a surprise to him, does that mean that he HASN'T asked for a transfer? #SAFC

So with the latest comments from Moyes on the player, the whole situation around the player remains clear as mud. On the basis of what we saw today, the Black Cats need the player more desperately than Everton do, but the Blues could also use a player like Kone to completely shore up a defence that looked pretty good today.

Prominent media targets yesterday said that they still thought Kone and Yannick Bolasie (who came on as a sub today for Crystal Palace) will be signed and delivered by Everton this coming week.

Paul Joyce of The Express is one of the more reliable writers who usually has solid information –

Everton expecting incoming deals for Bolasie and Kone to be completed in coming days.

— paul joyce (@pjoyceexpress) August 11, 2016

Everton have been also linked with Tunisia and Valencia defender Aymen Abdennour in the last couple of days, who looks to be the backup plan in case the Kone bid does fall through. More to come in the next few days, one would think.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

From my Seat: Tottenham Hotspur (H) via ToffeeWeb

A good day out and a game that left this fan quite optimistic that an upturn in fortunes is a possibility with this new manager. The walk back to our watering hole was pleasant today as most seemed happy and thought we could progress. I sincerely hope so.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back