Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth 1-0 Everton: Junior Stanislas’ sublime effort gives Eddie Howe’s men a deserved victory to end Toffees’ unbeaten Premier League start via Daily Mail

SAM CUNNINGHAM AT THE VITALITY STADIUM: The biggest compliment Eddie Howe could pay his Bournemouth players was that they were as good against Everton as they were bad against Preston.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Daniel Amokachi: ‘Football in Finland is too nice – I want to change that’ via The Guardian

The former Nigeria and Everton striker is in charge of semi-professional JS Hercules and having acclimatised to the weather, is now focused on making his squad more ‘cocky and mad’

It took a visit to a sports bar for Daniel Amokachi to realise exactly what he had got himself into. He had been in Oulu for a matter of weeks and decided to venture into town for the weekend’s big Premier League match. Manchester City v Manchester United would surely draw a crowd, even up here in northern Finland, and the scene when he arrived was encouraging.

“The place was jam-packed, and I assumed everyone was there to watch the game,” Amokachi says. “But then it just emptied; they’d all been watching ice hockey, and when that finished there were only three of us left. A Manchester derby, and only three of us. That’s when it hit me that ice hockey is number one here and nobody cares about football, and it’s when I realised: ‘Ooh, there are a lot of obstacles here.’”

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Jack Wilshere’s ‘step back in time’ at Bournemouth lauded by Eddie Howe via The Guardian

• Arsenal midfielder’s loan to club ‘where not everything is done for him’ praised
• Wilshere’s fitness judged week by week and he is not far away from full match
Eddie Howe has commended Jack Wilshere’s influence on his Bournemouth squad and believes the midfielder has made a brave “step back in time” to join the club. The on-loan Arsenal player shone alongside Harry Arter and Andrew Surman, playing for 76 minutes on his first home start in Bournemouth’s win against Everton .

Related: Junior Stanislas earns Bournemouth deserved home victory over Everton

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Jack Wilshere just keeps getting better for Bournemouth but Everton’s Ross Barkley looked awkward yet again via Daily Mail

SAM CUNNINGHAM AT THE VITALITY STADIUM: Jack Wilshere was 14 minutes away from playing his first full 90 in two years when the electronic board was raised and his number 32 flashed up.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back