Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
How a defensive switch transformed Chelsea’s attack | Michael Cox via The Guardian

Since changing to 3-4-3 system, Chelsea have scored 16 goals without reply in five matches and Saturday’s attacking display against Everton was their best in years
It is now five consecutive victories for Chelsea since Antonio Conte switched to a 3-4-3 system – 16 goals scored, none conceded – and this was their most impressive attacking display for years, a wonderful demonstration of efficient turnovers, intelligent running and intricate interplay. If there was any doubt about the difficulty of switching from a four-man defence to a back three, you only needed to look at Everton.

Ronald Koeman surprisingly switched to a three-man defence, attempting to “match” Chelsea across the pitch. That makes sense when playing against a 3-5-2 system, as it provides a spare man at the back and equal numbers in midfield, but deploying a three-man defence against a front three is an extremely bold tactic – especially when facing quick, in-form attackers like Eden Hazard, Diego Costa and Pedro Rodriguez.

Related: Chelsea top the Premier League as Eden Hazard inspires Everton thrashing

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Three at the back is a dream for Chelsea but a nightmare for Everton | Michael Cox via The Guardian

Since changing to 3-4-3 system Chelsea have been rampant but Ronald Koeman’s decision to fight fire with fire on Saturday had disastrous consequences
It is now five consecutive victories for Chelsea since Antonio Conte switched to a 3-4-3 system – 16 goals scored, none conceded – and this was their most impressive attacking display for years, a wonderful demonstration of efficient turnovers, intelligent running and intricate interplay. If there was any doubt about the difficulty of switching from a four-man defence to a back three, you only needed to look at Everton.

Related: Chelsea top the Premier League as Eden Hazard inspires Everton thrashing

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton manager Ronald Koeman hails Chelsea as title contenders and thinks Antonio Conte has instilled a winning mentality at Stamford Bridge via Daily Mail

Ronald Koeman believes Chelsea are on course to challenge for the Premier League title after hailing Antonio Conte's 'winning mentality' following their 5-0 drubbing of Everton.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Antonio Conte backs his instincts to inspire Chelsea transformation via The Guardian

Italian’s switch to 3-4-3 formation has inspired a revival that has made Chelsea look like title contenders and to which Everton had no answer
Not that Antonio Conte felt anything other than disgust when Chelsea imploded at Arsenal at the end of September, but there are times when a heavy defeat can help a manager eradicate his team’s problems.

Conte was under pressure after that humiliation in north London and it was difficult to see what had changed since the Italian’s arrival in the summer. Chelsea still looked as old, slow, directionless and defensively vulnerable as they had at the end of José Mourinho’s second spell in charge and no one inside or outside Stamford Bridge viewed them as title contenders.

Related: Antonio Conte tells Chelsea players they can improve after win over Everton

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Adam Lallana’s form for Liverpool is good news for England while Gareth Barry will need another season to beat Ryan Giggs’ record – 10 THINGS WE LEARNED via Daily Mail

As we head into the final international break of the year, the Premier League is starting to take shape. Sportsmail's RALPH ELLIS looks at the 10 things we learned from the weekend's action.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Moshiri Interview via GrandOldTeam

moshiri-150x150.jpg

Farhad Moshiri joined Jim White on talkSPORT this afternoon to talk about a multitude of topics.

We’ll upload a full recording shortly – in the meantime, some comments are below.

Moshiri: “It completely ruined my weekend [Chelsea 5-0 Everton]. It was terrible. Jesus. The sheer pain of the loss at Chelsea was immense. You just get numb.

“The pain was so much deeper than anything I experienced when Arsenal lost. As the majority shareholder you feel responsible.

“I think we shouldn’t forget, last year we were on a terrible run. The club is going the right way. At the beginning og the season our plan was to get in Europe. I think we’re on target”

“It’s not all doom and gloom. It’s a very unpredictable season”

Moshiri also spoke of three priorities, including a new stadium for Everton.

“I think with the stadium, I think the fans must know we’ve done the hard bit. The club are restricted to expand Goodison. We paid the debt, we’re free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it. I went to Liverpool a few weeks ago with Bill. We visited all the sites with the mayor – in our mind, we know where to go. We are committed. I can reassure the fans that we will have a stadium that rewards loyalty. This is my key aim”

The post Moshiri Interview appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back