Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton’s Ronald Koeman ready for criticism on Southampton return via The Guardian

• Dutch manager returns fore first time to club he left behind in June
• ‘I cannot change opinions or the feelings of the fans’ says Koeman
Ronald Koeman has said he hopes for respect from Southampton supporters when he returns to St Mary’s Stadium but is unafraid of any hostility that awaits.

The Everton manager faces his former club on Sunday for the first time since moving to Goodison Park on a £6m per year contract in the summer. Koeman guided Southampton to sixth- and seventh-placed finishes in his two Premier League seasons in charge but, having made overtures about extending a contract that had 12 months remaining, angered the club by accepting Everton’s offer of a bigger salary and transfer budget. Farhad Moshiri, the major shareholder at Goodison Park, also met Southampton’s demands for £5m compensation for their manager, the assistant Erwin Koeman and the coach Jan Kluitenberg.

Related: Southampton v Everton: match preview

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton starlet Dominic Calvert-Lewin on learning from Romelu Lukaku and getting advice from Ronald Koeman via Daily Mail

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dominic Calvert-Lewin believes he is at the perfect club to develop into a Premier League player – with the help of manager Ronald Koeman and Romelu Lukaku.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Are things as bad as some make out? via NSNO

It’s been an uncomfortable start to the season in many ways. As we head deeper, almost a third of the way in, there are rumblings of discontent amongst Evertonians.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Blues Show Their Colours via Official EFC

9efd97050c584f9980224894dc260fed.jpg
Everton Football Club are supporting a nationwide campaign to show support for gay, lesbian, bi and trans players and fans at every level of sport. Stonewall’s Rainbow campaign will see more than 60 p…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Southampton v Everton Preview via Everton Arent We

Barkley-1.jpg

Oh woe is Everton.

It’s one of them periods where it’s better to swerve Everton thoughts during the week between games. It’s a metaphorical shell that perhaps you wear too often – or are fond of pizza and have an oversized rat for a sensei – as following the Partisan Walton shithouses brings prolonged spell of melancholy.

Nothing will be the same though, except it [Poor language removed] is, and they can [Poor language removed] off with those marketing campaigns and instead market season tickets more accurately instead as valued time away from your other half and an excuse to visit a few pubs and swing your limbs in ecstasy/relief like a weirdo occasionally when Everton do stuff you wish that they’d do more consistently.

But then who the [Poor language removed] am I to even guess your relationship with Everton?

Koeman.jpg

Just one win in over two months has sucked any early season optimism out of the all new Everton, and whilst there’s many facets to why the deflation has occurred there’s one central, fundamental failure for me and that’s employing too many not quite good enoughs and a smattering of shithouses.

Swansea was [Poor language removed]. No other analysis needed, you’ve torn the bones apart from it already. So let’s move on.

Southampton away.

Oh that’ll do. When in times of overbearing gloom it’s always a good idea to seek a common scapegoat to deflect frustration on and hopefully generate resolute defiance and thus curtail any discontent which could destabilise your status quo. Russia being a good example with a not very well documented economical disaster beseeching them and them scrambling to generate anti western sentiment (good luck to them too) over border disputes, dubious land reclaim and Syria. Everton can do a weird version of this with forthcoming fixtures against some utter [Poor language removed] of clubs.

Koeman2.jpg

Not that this makes Southampton in any way relevant by supposed rivalry. You see there is no rivalry between Southampton and Everton and likely never will be. They’ve won [Poor language removed] all and are a boil on the arse that you only feel when they touch you in proximity. A cultureless, grey civic centre that happens to be on the sea so they built a marina and a cruise ship terminal. Which is sound but why the [Poor language removed] would anyone want to visit Southampton? Well, other than taking a trek down through a degeneration of human and fashion devolution to arrive thirty years behind present day in a big [Poor language removed] off edition of the Inbetweeners v Green Street.

It’s the type of shitty little town that because of its irrelevance has to work hard to bring attention to itself by common beaut behaviour. When you see people text in the BBC on the live text you’re keeping an eye on and it’s cringey as [Poor language removed] #bantz, or a way overdramatic summarisation of an innocuous sporting event then there’s a good chance they’re from Southampton. An array of haircuts on one head, stonewashed jeans, a TK Maxx Stone Island jacket while putting a shot of jaeger in a pint at the bar in Wetherspoons? Check they’re from Southampton. A fat balding insecure scruff telling the barman in Linekers in Tenerife of how he took on Millwall in 1986 and showing aforementioned barman a scar of a hernia op/stab mark? Southampton that.

Koeman3.jpg

Rather beautifully they fell into the same trap as an alarmingly growing list of others of thinking they could look down their nose at Everton because they managed a season too above us in the league but winning absolutely [Poor language removed] all.

And then we went and took their best ever Manager with utter ease. It was in fact [Poor language removed] frightening how we flashed a hint of thong and he was booty calling us outside our house at 3am.

Because we’re Everton, and they’re Southampton. That’s why.

Naturally they’re so not arsed. Make no mistake you’re gonna see some hostility towards Koeman, with his face like an obnoxious marshmallow, from fat Dads in replica tops one size too small. In a ground that is dull and could be anywhere. Even in Southampton, the pointless [Poor language removed].

How did Southampton vote in the referendum? You guessed it, they vote out like [Poor language removed]. Out because small dull English towns [Poor language removed] hate anyone different apart from scruffy, stupid, white Tory voting [Poor language removed].

Koeman4.jpg

Here’s a list of some of their players as they’re playing us in football:

Charlie Austin – his wife made me look a right [Poor language removed] tit when I made a snide comment on social so he’s alright by me.

Redmond – a cracking little player

Jay Rodriguez – he played for England but I’m not sure what he does, maybe he’s a more palatable Kevin Kilbane?

Koeman5.jpg

Davis – every second angry little tit you see propping the bar in any pub outside Belfast city centre

Van Dijk – boss defender who still has Koeman on whatsapp but looks like he should hang around with a scouser and a hologram lad with H on his forehead.

Forster – has a bus shelter for a forehead, his face never gets wet.

That apart, they’re pretty much the same as anyone else and have a competent side that will probably beat us and ruin your Sunday evening.

And that’s about it. I’ve got to fit Everton in.

Koeman6.jpg

Lukaku is boss when he’s scoring but sometimes [Poor language removed] when the game is turd and he can’t get into it, or genuinely can’t be arsed. Barkley – it got missed by many that he played pretty well v Swansea so he will probably start again. Bolasie will start and is very much a one in five player with the one being sublime and the four being like a steroided Peter Beagrie has come to the future to give us a warning not to sign the aforementioned [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] in 1989. There’ll be some other winger playing but I don’t give much of a [Poor language removed] as they’re mostly underwhelming right now whoever starts out wide.

Barry and Gueye are eligible to start which is sound but we need to start worrying about what we are going to do when Barry does eventually fade out.

Jagielka is having a shitter of a season but I’m not ready to label him as finished based on the same teds screaming the same thing at Barry two seasons ago. Williams is winning less tackles, headers and passes I believe but giving away less penalties in fairness, but that’s sound as he’s new and everyone is bored of Jagielka at the back now. He’s like dated wallpaper in your Nan’s front room. Baines at left back and Coleman on the right. Stekelenburg in the middle.

Koeman7.jpg

And I can’t wait to finish these words, as I’m sure you can’t either, suckers.

Right into these Everton.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back