Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one deal I am very genuinely excited by, if it happens. Would be a big statement to get one of the top several up and coming left backs in the world by most accounts. This isnt an attempt to slightly upgrade a position, its an attempt to put a top player there for years to come.

Attachments

• 40272BFB-4174-491E-8176-14C3B2B36D81.webp
    40272BFB-4174-491E-8176-14C3B2B36D81.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 252
Alternatively having the best left back the clubs had in 30 years he can further learn from most offset the saving in wages by getting rid of baines.

Other option is baines leaves as Tierney's contract escalates upwards next season

I can see both sides re Baines. I think the lad remains a very good defender now. However if the view is, could we get better for less then it's not a bad time to move Baines on. I think a lot will depend on where they view Robinson and/or Connolly.

This is one deal I am very genuinely excited by, if it happens. Would be a big statement to get one of the top several up and coming left backs in the world by most accounts. This isnt an attempt to slightly upgrade a position, its an attempt to put a top player there for years to come.
I am happy with the concept, too. Go big at positions of need. Fine with that. Not sure this kid is going to be an elite player, though. He should at least be good and better than Baines, however.

I think as long as Coleman is in his prime, LB will be a vital upgrade. We should be a fullback driven side as long as he is still performing.

Seems to be picking up momentum this. Would be a fine start to business.

You can’t guarantee how someone will do, but it would tick a lot of boxes - young, reasonable fee even if it’s £25m, positionally flexible and much potential.

The upsides are clear - we could be getting a player here for a decade or one that would turn a huge profit. That’s exactly the model I’d like us to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back