Everton "Retro" Shirts

What do you personally think to them?

• No, they're crap

• Yeah, they're good

• Do they wash well for when melted cheese inevitably drops on them?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Apologies if it's more Ale House than main forum, feel free to move)

Everton are now selling replicas of "retro" shirts, saw on the official site that they're on sale.

They don't look like exact copies obviously, but I have been tempted to one of them for 5 a side etc.

What are your thoughts on them? Respectful nod to the past and our rich history, or tacky knock-offs?

37570421_xxl.jpg

95-189.jpg

92-189.jpg

My lad has got the 1984 fa cup final shirt with Hafnia on the front, actually really good quality, wasn't from the club though, it was from Score draw retro"

They do these! (As opposed to umbro, le coq etc etc )

Yeah my lad was just saying 'score draw' is written on the label on the inside of the shirt, he said his actually came from the 'Campo Retro' website, but they are no longer going. Score draw have got their own website though, don't know if there would be any difference in price between the club website, or Score draw's website. Also, the shirts don't have the Le Coq sportif badge on.

Really good quality shirts though, would recommend if you were looking at deffo getting one, my lad is made up with his.

Last edited:
Although I seldom wear football shirts these days, I think they're good.

Thing is, the ones I have are originals that are now being reissued lol

I'd like to see the proper old ones, like 1878, or 1906 shirts and that. I'd buy them.

Haven't bought a current shirt for about thirty years. I prefer to by the retro ones and the retro track tops. My favourite is the Le Coq track top.
Many years ago I bought the 1966 FA Cup replica jersey from Toffs, it was really superb quality in my opinion. The colour was a very rich looking royal blue. I wore that more than any other Jersey I have owned and still wear it today around the house.

I bought the Cup Winner Cup Final one last year off official EFC website. Looks great but not wearable - rough nylon. And badly shaped esp on shoulders and arms. Suspect quality.

I won the 'diamond shirt' through this forum a few years back in conjunction with campo retro it has 11 on the back as sheedy was my favourite player, its awesome, wearable and looks as good today as the day I got it. I wore it to Fulham away a few years ago and got some great comments from other fans.

I got the 86 bib shirt (commonly reviled, but it's the first shirt I remember) when Le Coq were making our shirts last, so it has the logo.

I've been waiting for Umbro to get their act together and put their logo on the 87 replica before getting that.

Would be good if they could include a yellow away one
Ive got a yellow retro NEC one..
Think it's from Everton itself ?

I've also kept all my old shirts in top nick and stored them. I'm sad enough to pick up the heavily reduced kits in the end of season sales and keep them new and stored too.

Save my kids a fortune in later life having a boss original shirt.

I ordered this one last week 'cos I never got over (or forgave) leaving mine on the roof of the car in portugal and my driving off when I was a kid. We didn't realise until about 200 miles later.
efc8687.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back