Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I reckon we will use our final loan(s) late in case players get injured in preseason and we will bring in cover. I just can’t see us going after positions of need after the O’Brien transfer unless a sale goes through which is doubtful.

Don’t think anyone is expecting him to score 15-20, just 10 or maybe 12 at a push will do for now. I’d be happy if he scored at the level of an absolutely bang average Premier League striker.
Fully agree there and he should have scored more last season, 100%, even taking my initial points into account.

He missed some chances. But the general point about his all-round play stands. And all it takes is a look at Beto (who I think is a more potent finisher if given the chance) to show that it is quite hard to bring that skillset in.

For example, people seem keen on Adebayo, who did have a good season at Luton. But he played consistently in a two and was often able to drift wide or play off the shoulder while Morris did the leg work. Would he be able to do as well in Dyche's system up on his own?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back