Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hopefully aomething can get done with Amir Richardson has the ability to carry the ball on the vids something i wish onana would have done more. And gives us another different profile in the middle and somebody who looks more confident on the ball

Hopefully aomething can get done with Amir Richardson has the ability to carry the ball on the vids something i wish onana would have done more. And gives us another different profile in the middle and somebody who looks more confident on the ball
It would be a good example of the sell a player for a large fee and replace for a lesser fee for a better player actually working for once

It would be a good example of the sell a player for a large fee and replace for a lesser fee for a better player actually working for once
Yeah not sure better player just different styles i think onana will have the better defensive game than this lad. But agree with you is what deals we should be looking to do instead of short term options

Strikers win games
Defenders win leagues
This is why I feel weirdly calm about next season. Retaining our defensive core from last season (IF we keep Branthwaite) was possibly the biggest thing that we could do this summer.

We were pretty woeful going forward much of last season but without the points deductions we’d have never really been in much trouble, all because of the defensive foundation. Keep that, add a few new attacking / creative options as we have done (and hopefully more to come) think we’ll be alright.

This is why I feel weirdly calm about next season. Retaining our defensive core from last season (IF we keep Branthwaite) was possibly the biggest thing that we could do this summer.

We were pretty woeful going forward much of last season but without the points deductions we’d have never really been in much trouble, all because of the defensive foundation. Keep that, add a few new attacking / creative options as we have done (and hopefully more to come) think we’ll be alright.
I do worry about the options at fb but agree is something to build on, still hope we can bring in atleast two more maybe 3 just as you say to see us over the line this season

I do worry about the options at fb but agree is something to build on, still hope we can bring in atleast two more maybe 3 just as you say to see us over the line this season
Yeah, our FB options aren’t perfect and certainly LB depth is an issue. But at the same time I think maybe as a group the full backs don’t get enough credit for our defensive record last season. It wasn’t just JP, JT and JB playing back there.

Have to hope we are interested and the player wants the move.

Would be a great signing - doubly so for the amounts being suggested, lad is far more progressed than Onana was when he arrived (albeit 1 or 2 years older)

Him, Tim, Garner and Gueye would give us a midfield with options stronger than last season too.

It would be very smart business. If you look at it this way, we would have signed Richardson, Tim, Lindstrom (if he comes) and Ndiaye/O'Brien for the same money we sold Onana for.

Effectively 4 players for 1 out. If we got an offer of over 70m for Brainthwaite we could have brought all 5 in.

I know that's not how it works, and you need to lose players on frees too for wages, but it's a sensible ploy.

It would be very smart business. If you look at it this way, we would have signed Richardson, Tim, Lindstrom (if he comes) and Ndiaye/O'Brien for the same money we sold Onana for.

Effectively 4 players for 1 out. If we got an offer of over 70m for Brainthwaite we could have brought all 5 in.

I know that's not how it works, and you need to lose players on frees too for wages, but it's a sensible ploy.
Lindstrom here already, no?

Any truth in these richardson links / rumours?

Know nothing about him but just imagine him, O'Brien and Branthwaite in the same team. Just play for corners will be our tactic....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back