Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Seeing Garner and Coleman back and the new midfielder about to join would we be ok at right back for now and maybe give Garner a run there and focus on the attack ? For me DCL and Maupay out, Fofana and Gnonto in

Seeing Garner and Coleman back and the new midfielder about to join would we be ok at right back for now and maybe give Garner a run there and focus on the attack ? For me DCL and Maupay out, Fofana and Gnonto in
Yeah I think if they did anything for the defence now it'd maybe be a cheap / free LB but RB we can get by - if Mangala is confirmed anything we do needs to be on the attacking side of things.

I'd rather he didn't simply supply the manager with the clapped out old "experienced pros" he'd probably prefer. Thelwell's job is to invest for the future of the club. The manager can change, and if Dyche won't use the options he's been given to improve things it will change soon.
Or perhaps we get a manager who is prepared to play progressive new players rather than the usual crap.that he selects

It's not that I want us to sign a load of Burnley grocks or anything gentleman and I am far from a Dyche lover. I wish that both of them would start pulling in the same direction. Especially if Dyche comments weren't fluff about always wanting to play better football than he is stereortyped as (spoiler: they absolutely were fluff.)

I believe that Kevin Thelwell has left our squad with some significant holes and that money could have better been spent elsewhere. And I genuinely believe he doesn't actually scout players at all and uses only player databases, I mean who on earth looks at Beto and thinks yeah i'll have some of that (I don't care if he was the only player who's club would accept an initial payment of £1.)

Inappropriate Language
So should sign who Dyche wants him to sign despite the fact Dyche at the latest is gone next summer.

Sounds a fantastic idea, nothing works better than signing players specifically for one style of manager unless it's signing older players with no resale for said manager.
*Takes you off ignore for being a Putin loving shitbag who's hoping people have forgot*

You don't know how long Dyche will be here for. For all we know, he could go on a run with a few more suitable players in key positions and the land scape would be different.

We also probably shouldn't assume that the takeover may go through since it's about the 7th in a long line of recent attempts and the man himself is quite a fruitcake.

*Puts you back on ignore for being a Putin loving shitbag who's hoping people have forgot*

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back