Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

But then these two players aren't Thelwell either, they're Textor's hand outs, it's a mess.
True but can’t see the winger coming in, with Fulham and Southampton circling, won’t get him. Mangala is a decent player but not one we need. Need a ball playing centre midfielder, someone who can get it moving with pace and can actually string a pass forward and not sideways or backwards.

Mangala is just a loan and i think the club just wanted to get cover in that postion agree with nuamah.

I mean they're both the same scenario. Mangala could have been linked to us any time over the last few years, Thelwell was here when Mangala went to Forest for like £10m, now apparently we want to loan + option for nearly 4 times that amount after him barely playing...

True but can’t see the winger coming in, with Fulham and Southampton circling, won’t get him. Mangala is a decent player but not one we need. Need a ball playing centre midfielder, someone who can get it moving with pace and can actually string a pass forward and not sideways or backwards.
Still think we might see doucoure go and another mid come in, i am prob wrong just feel we could see a few moves

I mean they're both the same scenario. Mangala could have been linked to us any time over the last few years, Thelwell was here when Mangala went to Forest for like £10m, now apparently we want to loan + option for nearly 4 times that amount after him barely playing...
100% agree not a chance we should be looking to pay 40mill for him, i would be shocked if we paid that at the end of his loan. Wouldnt even shock me if was available again for a loan after thiw season

100% agree not a chance we should be looking to pay 40mill for him, i would be shocked if we paid that at the end of his loan. Wouldnt even shock me if was available again for a loan after thiw season

I don't even understand why there's an option. If we want him perm next Summer, and Textor owns us, we can do what we want with the fee. Just seems odd.

It's like they've tried to make it look not dodgy by adding one, but then making it so high it just looks dodgy.

I don't even understand why there's an option. If we want him perm next Summer, and Textor owns us, we can do what we want with the fee. Just seems odd.

It's like they've tried to make it look not dodgy by adding one, but then making it so high it just looks dodgy.
Yeah cant really give you an answer on that one i agree that fee is strange, maybe the dof has wanted that in the deal the lyon one and we have just agreed. Does not look like we have tried hard when you look at the lindstrom deal when we have paid a low fee upfront

Textor owns Lyon mate, if we want the winger he's here.
I know that but honestly can’t see it. What’s the rumoured fee? Unless we put up 10p as an upfront payment, won’t be happening.

The winger is meant to be good isn’t he? It doesn’t look promising like with these Lyon deals but can’t see the winger coming in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back