Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah if I have no affinity with us, and I don’t care about what we’ve won 30 years ago, don’t care about the city we play in, don’t care for the type of football we play (because of Dyche), have an idea generally of how unsuccessful we are, and can generally get the same money at a club that plays better football in London, why would I even consider playing for Everton. Most non UK footballers seem to prefer London so it’s a no brainier for them reallly. Sounds negative from me but just being a realist. We will have to build slowly,
But to build you have to make sure the foundation is correct. Currently we don't have a left winger who can walk faster than Jan Molby having an asthma attack or a left back just in case our Ukrainian gets injured.
A striker who actually scores and wants to be here could be handy too.
Buying a defender we didn't need when money could of been spent on a Warzycha clone isn't building.
Just my tuppence.

But to build you have to make sure the foundation is correct. Currently we don't have a left winger who can walk faster than Jan Molby having an asthma attack or a left back just in case our Ukrainian gets injured.
A striker who actually scores and wants to be here could be handy too.
Buying a defender we didn't need when money could of been spent on a Warzycha clone isn't building.
Just my tuppence.
I absolutely agree that we should be looking to strengthen those attacking areas, completely agree. I don’t blame the club for trying that all. I was just saying I understand why a player who would look at Fulham and pick them over us (as uncomfortable as this is for those us of who remember winning things). The reality now is that if you’re not successful, location / lifestyle is key for some players if the’re not going to a majorly successful club.

The mindset of some fans bewilders me. We might have a slightly worse football team but we’re far bigger than Fulham who don’t even play in Europe

Just because we’re bigger doesn’t mean we’re better than Fulham mate. Also, we don’t play in Europe.

It’s not a negative mindset ( what I said was more of a joke) but there is no difference between us and Fulham at this moment in time and if he joins Fulham then I would imagine it’s the pull of London that they have over us.

A properly run club wouldn’t have this situation , chapter and verse getting leaked out for monetization ,Liverpool kept klopps resignation secret for months until they were ready to announce it, I almost envy there professionalism
Then go support them, like the man himself said to you, which conveniently ignored, it’s more than a little weird this vendetta you have with them, funny how it’s never an issue where Esk is concerned though eh?

I’d be tempted to drop DCL tomorrow as well, I know it’s a big game, but he’s been poor, Beto’s not great, but starting him instead may give DCL something to think about given he’s been holding out for a move,

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back