Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Thanks for the info. I was replying to a poster who said he would be a good option on the left, so I assumed that's where he played.

Of course I've seen him play but he's never really made an impression on me beyond being neat and tidy , a bit of a poor man's Pienaar.

Thanks to you , I'm in.
Think that’s probably a good description, he’s a tidy, energetic player but definitely not Pienaar quality. Perhaps him and Patterson can form a telepathic connection and bring back the glory days, but on the right side this time.

Think that’s probably a good description, he’s a tidy, energetic player but definitely not Pienaar quality. Perhaps him and Patterson can form a telepathic connection and bring back the glory days, but on the right side this time.
He's basically seen his hair cut and compared him to Pienaar! Bit like how every tall black central midfielder gets compared to Vieira!

He's been used right back & right wing back a bit over the past couple of seasons though, i doubt that's what Dyche would use him for, but would definitely fill a gap and seems a bit of a fighter! Would work that right hand side well, and don't think he would be to concerned about being a squad option as he's made a name as that at Fulham over the years

Thanks for the info. I was replying to a poster who said he would be a good option on the left, so I assumed that's where he played.

Of course I've seen him play but he's never really made an impression on me beyond being neat and tidy , a bit of a poor man's Pienaar.

Thanks to you , I'm in.
I just assume that every right-footed wide forward cuts in from the left now.

He's basically seen his hair cut and compared him to Pienaar! Bit like how every tall black central midfielder gets compared to Vieira!

He's been used right back & right wing back a bit over the past couple of seasons though, i doubt that's what Dyche would use him for, but would definitely fill a gap and seems a bit of a fighter! Would work that right hand side well, and don't think he would be to concerned about being a squad option as he's made a name as that at Fulham over the years
Absolutely nonsense. I have no idea what his hair looks like. On the few occasions I've seen him on TV he has looked to me to be a player who doesn't give the ball away , is technically ok but doesn't have blistering pace or a fantastic end product, hence my poor man's Pienaar tag.

Absolutely nonsense. I have no idea what his hair looks like. On the few occasions I've seen him on TV he has looked to me to be a player who doesn't give the ball away , is technically ok but doesn't have blistering pace or a fantastic end product, hence my poor man's Pienaar tag.
The complete opposite to what he actually is!

Hes currently at 38k a week at Fulham, according to my very high level sources.

So hes gonna want a slight bump, lets say 50k, 2.5m per year, 3 year contract 7.5m, plus a little cherry on top.

All in you are looking at 3m a season.

Bargain.
Still buying a player who you’ve got till 34.
You could buy a young winger for a similar fee, with potential to improve and sell on. Bournemouth only paid 10 for semenyo

Actually think this would be half sensible on a free. Hard worker, protects the fullback, versatile, decent pro, occasionally bags or assists. We need a squad which we barely have right now, and we basically have nobody who can play out wide. If the wages are reasonable I’d go for it.
Yeah, I'd say we'll be linked to a lot of names this Summer where we'll be seeing a player that's boring or uninspiring, but the fact is we genuinely need about 10 players just to fill a squad. Genuinely, there's almost certainly no free agent who got on the pitch in the PL last year that wouldn't be useful for us. Considering we genuinely have negative squad depth there'll be a few of these lads in on a free, for a year or two, and that's smart business at the minute.

Still buying a player who you’ve got till 34.
You could buy a young winger for a similar fee, with potential to improve and sell on. Bournemouth only paid 10 for semenyo
Semenyo took almost a year to acclimatize to the league, that's not a slight on him etc......but were not in the market for £10m 'projects'

Hes currently at 38k a week at Fulham, according to my very high level sources.

So hes gonna want a slight bump, lets say 50k, 2.5m per year, 3 year contract 7.5m, plus a little cherry on top.

All in you are looking at 3m a season.

Bargain.

….plus he’ll be demanding a signing fee, maybe circa £2m.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back