Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I agree there. Except he left like 11 years ago and have had numerous strikers sign since.

And pre Moyes, we also had no one consistently do it over 2 seasons.

I think, other than Carlo, we haven't had managers who have understood that when you are playing with 1 striker, that guy needs to stay near the goal in order to provide a goal threat.

some of the others had very bad luck in the striker department or were really not around long enough to develop any sort of "style".

So up to now we have possible players leaving
DCL
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Onana

Players signing contracts or coming back from loans

Coleman
Young
Holgate
Maupay

Jeepers get me rum & coke
Ps when is this takeover happening

At least its not bleach mate. :D

Its super early in the transfer season to be getting bent out of shape yet. Im sure Holgate and Maupay will go, either on loan or forever. Also think we will only sell one of Onana or Branthwaite. DCL and Godfrey I dont think are that amazing. As long as we replace these players I honestly wouldn't be that bothered.

At least its not bleach mate. :D

Its super early in the transfer season to be getting bent out of shape yet. Im sure Holgate and Maupay will go, either on loan or forever. Also think we will only sell one of Onana or Branthwaite. DCL and Godfrey I dont think are that amazing. As long as we replace these players I honestly wouldn't be that bothered.
Holgate & Maupay are free hits in the sense that if we can get rid of them (somehow) they don’t need replacing.

Keane(always goes on my player departure scenarios out of hope),Godfrey,DCL,Onana need replacing if/when they go.

I refuse to acknowledge Branthwaite going unless whoever meets an insane number of £80m, which you’d hope would instantly be used to buy greaves & that O’Brian at Lyon (& have £40m+ left over).

i think part of that is down to how we have played as well. Under the Moyes era in particular we seemed to sign strikers who could score at other clubs and after about a season they would learn the "Moyes way" spend so much time tracking back and running the channels their goal scoring would become almost non existent.

James Beattie
Andy Johnson
Yakubu
Jelavic
So we were more successful with worse strikers is what you’re saying. Moyes was more successful than anyone since with ‘better’ strikers.

We set the prices.

The DCL & Godfrey sales currently look most likely to me and perhaps can happen quickly.

I would hope (pray) we could bring in £30 + £15mil so £45mil for the pair...probably will end up lower but who knows.

That kind of money can do some damage in the market if were able to spend it...plus potentiall a bigger sum for Onana.
I've not seen any credible sources to actually confirm Godfrey has rejected contract offers or that Italian teams fancy him.

Regarding Dom, is TBR Football credible. Their article seems quite iffy personally but I haven't read much of anything else of theirs.

We set the prices.

The DCL & Godfrey sales currently look most likely to me and perhaps can happen quickly.

I would hope (pray) we could bring in £30 + £15mil so £45mil for the pair...probably will end up lower but who knows.

That kind of money can do some damage in the market if were able to spend it...plus potentiall a bigger sum for Onana.

Add in a couple of deadlines mate, we don’t know if we need to sell before the 30th and the two lads have a year.

To play devils advocate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back