Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The polarised opinions on here are great sometimes.

Ivan Toney ?
Toney has probably got aspirations of going to an Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea, doubt he'd want to come here. Seems to fancy himself as a bit of a big-time Charlie, but any attitude problems are easily overlooked if he's banging in 20 goals a season which he's capable of doing. Would be a significant improvement in the striker department for me!

The only club daft enough to pay £30m for a striker in the last year of his contract with 15 goals in 3 seasons to his name is the club he's already at.
Weren’t we a wage demand away from doing a £35m swap deal like 10 days ago?

So whilst I agree to an extent, I wouldn’t rule something mad like that.

How much did we get for Iwobi with under 12 months of his contract left… who wasn’t a striker.

Weren’t we a wage demand away from doing a £35m swap deal like 10 days ago?

So whilst I agree to an extent, I wouldn’t rule something mad like that.

How much did we get for Iwobi with under 12 months of his contract left… who wasn’t a striker.
No one knows the absolute specifics of what the nature of any deal with Newcastle was. For all we know them paying us a wedge for DCL was dependent on us doing the same for Minteh. I find it hard to believe a club as well-run as Newcastle seem to be would pay that kind of money for that kind of player with nothing similarly reciprocal coming their way, especially as they have their own PSR concerns and have shown zero sign of coming back to the table since.

Getting £22m for Iwobi was more than could have been expected considering we dropped £35m on the joker. Plenty of time in the transfer window left so who knows. Would surprise me if all these clubs who are suddenly micro-managing their accounts push the boat out for DCL.

No one knows the absolute specifics of what the nature of any deal with Newcastle was. For all we know them paying us a wedge for DCL was dependent on us doing the same for Minteh. I find it hard to believe a club as well-run as Newcastle seem to be would pay that kind of money for that kind of player with nothing similarly reciprocal coming their way, especially as they have their own PSR concerns and have shown zero sign of coming back to the table since.

Getting £22m for Iwobi was more than could have been expected considering we dropped £35m on the joker. Plenty of time in the transfer window left so who knows. Would surprise me if all these clubs who are suddenly micro-managing their accounts push the boat out for DCL.
We dropped £28m on Iwobi with £7m bonus fees, I don’t know how many were met.

re: DCL it’s broadly understood (from credible Newcastle sources) that to satisfy PSR, they needed DCL to demand less wages OR sell Callum Wilson l to free up the room. Choose to believe it or not, but the price would have been whatever they sold minteh for. After that, he’s going, so let’s see what he goes for.

IMO a realistic price is somewhere around £15m, maybe towards £20m. A striker who doesn't score goals, no stranger to an injury, and has a year left isn't going for a fortune. Godfrey had a year left and we got £10m, so I think we'd be lucky to get beyond £15-20m - not that any club is currently interested for any price.

I think Godfrey wanted to leave for playing time (more admirable than the many others who’ve bled us dry refusing to move). No such concerns for DCLas he starts every week if fit so I can’t see him signing for anyone else.

Next summer he’ll pocket the transfer fee and get a decent wage. And if not we’ll still probably give him £130k paw

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back