Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We don't know what it means i'm just saying I wouldn't rule out it changing the way we see an offer of 50 mil i hope not obviously but i think its very naive to say it definitely won't make any difference at all.
I'm assuming all decisions that have been made so far are in full knowledge, or at least suspicion, this takeover wasn't going ahead. If it really is just the 777 loan getting in the way, I doubt its taken so long to realise it and raise it as a concern, so people will have known it wasn't guaranteed for a while.

I do think that there's some truth in what United are briefing, that we expected them to buy Branthwaite and are now worried whether anyone else will now they've moved on.

The numbers don't add up, we'll definitely need more money in to keep the club afloat for the season.

I'm assuming all decisions that have been made so far are in full knowledge, or at least suspicion, this takeover wasn't going ahead. If it really is just the 777 loan getting in the way, I doubt its taken so long to realise it and raise it as a concern, so people will have known it wasn't guaranteed for a while.

I do think that there's some truth in what United are briefing, that we expected them to buy Branthwaite and are now worried whether anyone else will now they've moved on.

The numbers don't add up, we'll definitely need more money in to keep the club afloat for the season.
I am sure the failure of the takeover was well known within the club way before the announcement. These theings dont happen overnight. Both parties would explore ways around the issue before it became a showstopper, then they would try to renegotiate before anything became public. Whatever the issue(s) are, the club leadership has known about it for weeks at minimum.

It will risk relegation but the club should aim to bring in at least 70m in player sales on top of the Onana deal to help keep the club afloat. Any incomings should be cancelled as well. There's a risk of relegation but that's likely with administration.
Please remember we are still owned by a multi billionaire, he may not want to put more money in but his hand may be forced to

Not long before every united fan page spins that into united and INEOS beating us and villa somehow
United are unable to offer Champions League football and will probably have Southgate as manager by January in a stadium full of holes. The other team offers Champions League football and is managed by Emery. Hard decision...

Any good agent, would be keeping their players far clear of Everton.
Nah, it’s great for agents. Either the player is massively overpaid for under performing (player making obscene amounts, therefore happy), or the player starts demanding a move after the first 6 months (multiple moves, agent takes his cut again, therefore happy)

There’s no way Everton haven’t been planning with caution. We were only in exclusivity talks we were still miles away from a full takeover with all the DD that was needed.

The sales of Onana, Dobbin, Godfrey etc and the wages saved from Gomes/Ali etc will have stemmed the flow. It’ll be loans and low down payment transfers now which I’d argue was always likely to be the case

Selling DCL would add to the pot and im still confident it’d have to be a blockbuster off for Branthwaite.

Is he cash rich? Or is it all tied into stock and shares?
I doubt millionaires have just cash in the bank, he had enough to buy us and i believe he's got richer since he took us over , I cant see him just sitting on his hands if he lets thins spiral out of control which would long term cost him to lose everything Im sure it was reported that he would step in if needed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back