Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah Doucoure (sp) has never convinced as cm, just clumsy reckless challenges all around the box (people seem to think because he occasionally has an excellent game there he can be consistent - he can't) - Gueye is at an age when his legs could suddenly just go on him, the young villa lad as you say could come good but there's nothing saying he's ready right now, leaving just Garner as the only cm we can with certainty rely upon.

One million percent need at least another one in there, and hopefully hope the Saudis come back for Doucoure too

we have to get a CM in.

it think that itchy bum feller will be a starter

but we need an actual good one

Is it just me, probably, but watching the clips of Jesper, they seem very similar to N'diaye, meaning these two could probably play either side or in the middle of the front three
I'm going to make a guess that Dyche switches to a 4-4-2 with Ndiaye recessed a little behind the target man and Lindstrom as AM. McNeil, Harrison, Garner and Doucoure in play for the wide midfield spots.

Under Thelwell we've spent a total of 3m euros on players post 25.

24 and under we've spent 'roughly' - 108m euros.

Only cf is an anomaly were we've spent around 35-38m on two 25yo players - again on this part I am certain this was not part of the structured plan but out of desperation due to DCL being made of paper.

We clearly have a system in place under thelwell

Who was the other 25 year old other than Beto mate?

I agree re Beto, had they have known DCL stayed as fit as he did, I doubt they sign him.

Great to see wingers and midfielders potentially added to the ranks, but I'm worried about who we have on the books up front. None showed up last year when needed . Does any of ye expect a new striker before the start of season?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back