Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the internet mate.

So yes, I very much have issues trusting people on the internet, this isnt my first rodeo.

But no, I dont have real life trust issues, quite the opposite really.
That's understandable to be wary are there any internet sources you do trust?

Nice I'm glad that aspect of your life is sound and healthy

That's understandable to be wary are there any internet sources you do trust?

Nice I'm glad that aspect of your life is sound and healthy
For now, Fab is probably the only 1.

His motives regarding Everton are without bias.

I get it, im very cynical, but the internet is a place that tells people what to think, its a very dangerous place to form opinions.

The cake is a lie.

"Reports linking City's Yorkshire rivals Leeds United with a move are understood to be wide of the mark, Hull Live understands, while claims suggesting Everton offered £2.5m as an initial bid were also incorrect. Another Premier League club are interested, but it's not the Toffees or Leeds, and a move to West Ham doesn't appear likely at this stage."

lol £2.5mil wheres that come from

Report was that the initial payment i.e first installment was £2.5mil.

I’m guessing we have to sell one more player before becoming active in the transfer market.

The silence is frightening.

With each passing week the more likely 95% of last seasons team will be starting the first game of the season.
I don’t think we do, it’s more that we have to be selective over who we buy as we are limited. We’ll also be in the loan market so might be waiting to see what we can do there before committing cash on permanent deals. It’s obviously not ideal but we have to be sensible for once in financial terms.

Might well be wrong but my guess is we will spend a bit (not a lot) and then offset it in June next year by selling DCL or Gordon (and we’ll have the Kean money. Then we can show a positive in player trading for the accounts for the year.

Reactions: JLW

I’m guessing we have to sell one more player before becoming active in the transfer market.

The silence is frightening.

With each passing week the more likely 95% of last seasons team will be starting the first game of the season.
I think its far more likely that anyone decent will only join us afetr seeing if anyone who wasn‘t fighting relegation comes in for them instead. We Evertonians really do have to take into account that our star has faded to the weakest glimmer in everyones eyes but our own. We are not as attractive a potential employer as most on here seem to think we are.

Reactions: JLW
Great! Still think we’re failing heading towards the seasons start unless Lampard wants a closer look at say Gbamin and Warrington before spending on players in their positions.
The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham Hotspur last week allowed the proceeds of the transfer to be factored into their annual accounts. That meant Everton fell in line with the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules, and, more importantly, means the club will avoid the threat of punishment.

The ECHO also understands that claims Everton were forced to sell Richarlison due to a 'cash crisis and concerns they may struggle to keep servicing their wage bill without player sales' are incorrect.

The "story" doesnt make sense, in 1 sentence it said we sold Richarlison to fall in line with the rules.
And then the next it says we have no cash issues.

Pinch of salt for me.

in 1 sentence it said we sold Richarlison to fall in line with the rules.
And then the next it says we have no cash issues.

Makes perfect sense. As in, we dont have cash issues, but we had to sell the player to be able to spend it. Remember when Moshiri first rocked up, and some wag posted that we could afford to buy Messi, but couldnt afford, (cos of rules) to pay him?

Sommet like that anyrate.

I think its far more likely that anyone decent will only join us afetr seeing if anyone who wasn‘t fighting relegation comes in for them instead. We Evertonians really do have to take into account that our star has faded to the weakest glimmer in everyones eyes but our own. We are not as attractive a potential employer as most on here seem to think we are.
Not so sure mate.
Outside of say 6 teams I think we’re the most attractive for any player. I’m sick of seeing on Twitter the geordies and West Ham fans who collectively have finished above us about 3 times in the 25 years thinking they’re way ahead of us, theyre not and we’re a shambles at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.