Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of that my hope is on Thelwell and lampard getting the right players in. I dont think this season will be amazing but with a few new faces and the club making smart loan signings. I do feel we should have a better season. I hate what the fools we have had in charge of this club have done the past few seasons. I just have to think that the club will turn around and we can start pushing on again
I would feel better with Thelwell if he had actually done something

Cornet is a shrewd signing, I have wanted him for awhile. Tore Manchester City apart not too long ago and still fairly young, cheap as well considering he got ten goals last season. He also gives us more cover at LB. Still think we need three more players, a six, an eight and a right sided player although Gibbs-White can possibly cover both the RW and eight part

I know this will be controversial to some on here, but we need to start signing young prospects, some for significant fees, to play in the u21s (I think the u23s are now defunct, right?) fully in the knowledge that a fair number of them won't make it. We should also use the u21s to drill our players in the first team system and not give two poos if that means the u21s finish 7th in an 8 team league. Who cares if we win these reserve leagues? Nobody. Use them for what they are designed for, player development.
We've been doing that for some time - Garbut , Gibson , Feeney , Bowler etc

2D0C0504-DCD6-42CA-A580-261A033AD58F.jpeg

MGM Studios and Corneo might turn out decent, but are they worth a combined £50m+? That's most of the Richy money. We might have to dig into the Arteta money for a CDM.

If we sign cornet and MGW I think our DM will be a player on loan, probably winks, unless we can sell someone.

I a

i could be wrong but is it more to do with how much money we pay upfront in the deals?

No, not for FFP. the cost for the player is always amortised over the course of the contract. So if we sign MGW for £34m on a 5 year, that’s £6.8m per season and if we sign cornet for £17.5 over 5 years it’s £3.5m per year, which is £10.3m this year and for the next 4 years.

I did say they might be rubbish. All I do know is that, in the era of five subs, Leeds have gambled on having players in a squad whilst we rely on Davies, Gomes, Holgate, Rondon and Iwobi. I will bet you twenty English pounds that we put out a bench with two keepers or less than five subs at least three times this season. Probably many times more.

Of that list, I suspect all will be here next season (maybe Gomes goes), all will get a substantial number of minutes, all will be pariahs on here (despite the best efforts of Big Igg).
I don’t disagree but never understood why we would have less subs. It’s a boost for any u21 player to be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.