Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Ham will attempt to sign centre-back Michael Keane, 29, from Everton if the Toffees are relegated from the Premier League this season. (Star Sunday)

hahahaha I doubt it's validity due to coming from the daily star but if it is true the only reason is that Moyes is tired of the pressure of being successful and what's to take a dive and collect the severance money. actually it does kinda make sense because Moyes does take in flawed strays, recruited dawson

If we sold DCL + Richarlison + Gray this summer and Kean went to Juventus early then its going to give us a pretty large pot of cash to rebuild the forward line.

Add the sales of central.midfielders and 3 centre backs and there could be a massive rebuild.

As for Johnson, just the type of player who could do well on the right for us competing with Gordon.
Let's just hope that large pot of cash is invested more wisely than that $500 mil.

Ready for a laugh folks, I see our old friend Mr Moyes may be interested in taking Keane off our hands according to that wonder of journalistic wisdom that is the Daily Star.

West Ham will attempt to sign centre-back Michael Keane, 29, from Everton if the Toffees are relegated from the Premier League this season. (Star Sunday)

hahahaha I doubt it's validity due to coming from the daily star but if it is true the only reason is that Moyes is tired of the pressure of being successful and what's to take a dive and collect the severance money. actually it does kinda make sense because Moyes does take in flawed strays, recruited dawson

He'd do well in a deep defensive line with 'leaders' around him.

I think Benitez' comments about being unable to sell players last summer was stupid. He claimed that he had been watching the team but his selections and tactics pointed to someone who hadnt bothered to do his homework.

Simply looking at the successful set piece tactics being ripped up tells me that.

We could have sold players last summer. The key is always going to be the club/agent findind a suitable team to do business with and working on a lowered fee basis.

Nice to see Keane and Gomes being linked with moves. Hopefully they both leave.

Let's just hope that large pot of cash is invested more wisely than that $500 mil.

I think Thelwell will be looking for similar profiles as Patterson and Mykolenko. Thats his modus operandi with a real focus on youth and development.

My hope is that we have a big clearout with players such as Pickford, DCL, Gray, Kean and Richarlison the ones who can bring in good fees -- enabling us to reinvest but also sell others for lower fees and a loss on the books.

Nah, Probably get him back in the England team..... As Captain and seen lifting the world cup. Everton that.

I think Benitez' comments about being unable to sell players last summer was stupid. He claimed that he had been watching the team but his selections and tactics pointed to someone who hadnt bothered to do his homework.

We could have sold players last summer. The key is always going to be the club/agent findind a suitable team to do business with and working on a lowered fee basis.
I don't think Benitez was wrong when we mentioned an inability to sell players because the evidence suggests it's been a long running problem.

There's a huge difference between wanting a player gone, a player leaving and one who leaves on terms that are suitable for all concerned, including the club.

Take Tosun, our highest earner, for example - who'd want to buy him for a reasonable fee and offer wages that match the inflated contract we gave him?

If we go down the line of subsidising the difference in wages, it will reduce our outlay but it'll unlikely provide enough capacity to pay another player's wages.

So we're forced to sell more than one player to facilitate it and/or not take a fee. If it was so easy then the likes of Gbamin, Delph and others would have been gone.

I don't think Benitez was wrong when we mentioned an inability to sell players because the evidence suggests it's been a long running problem.

There's a huge difference between wanting a player gone, a player leaving and one who leaves on terms that are suitable for all concerned, including the club.

Take Tosun, our highest earner, for example - who'd want to buy him for a reasonable fee and offer wages that match the inflated contract we gave him?

If we go down the line of subsidising the difference in wages, it will reduce our outlay but it'll unlikely provide enough capacity to pay another player's wages.

So we're forced to sell more than one player to facilitate it and/or not take a fee. If it was so easy then the likes of Gbamin, Delph and others would have been gone.

Well im quite confident that ww could have sold Pickford, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure, Davies, Allan, DCL, Richarlison and more last summer.

Moving them on while then allowing Tosun to move on with a payoff doesnt bring in an optimal amount in fees but it clears off 2 players wages.

Well im quite confident that ww could have sold Pickford, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure, Davies, Allan, DCL, Richarlison and more last summer.

Moving them on while then allowing Tosun to move on with a payoff doesnt bring in an optimal amount in fees but it clears off 2 players wages.
But surely these aren't the players we wanted to move on? That's the problem! What's the point in selling your better players to retain those we do not want?

I'm not being obtuse, but this isn't a game: players have to want to go; clubs must want to buy them; we can't simply offload players with pay offs due to the books.

Tosun is on circa £90k-100k a week. When there was only a year left on his contract, why would he accept a pay off of anything less than 100% of his wage?

We'd still have to pay his wages yet not obtain a fee, which is even worse. So we look at selling him, but who is going to pay wages close to what he's got here.

Talking totally hypothetically, if we sold him for £5m and paid 50% of his wages, we'd pay close to £5m on wages before all the added on-costs.

That'd totally negate the fee, and leave us with only £50k per week on wages to replace him but no money to redistribute towards new signings.

Scale it up by getting a £10m fee etc., and we're not really getting much in terms of capacity to buy. This is due to buying poorly and offering silly contracts.

But surely these aren't the players we wanted to move on? That's the problem! What's the point in selling your better players to retain those we do not want?

I'm not being obtuse, but this isn't a game: players have to want to go; clubs must want to buy them; we can't simply offload players with pay offs due to the books.

Tosun is on circa £90k-100k a week. When there was only a year left on his contract, why would he accept a pay off of anything less than 100% of his wage?

We'd still have to pay his wages yet not obtain a fee, which is even worse. So we look at selling him, but who is going to pay wages close to what he's got here.

Talking totally hypothetically, if we sold him for £5m and paid 50% of his wages, we'd pay close to £5m on wages before all the added on-costs.

That'd totally negate the fee, and leave us with only £50k per week on wages to replace him but no money to redistribute towards new signings.

Scale it up by getting a £10m fee etc., and we're not really getting much in terms of capacity to buy. This is due to buying poorly and offering silly contracts.
We have far fewer players that could be considered pure deadwood than we used to have. Tosun, Gbamin and he who must not be named are the only big earners we have who never play (although the latter certainly would have played this season if he was able to) and Gomes under Lampard has drifted into this category recently although injuries have played a part too.

What is killing the club is the fact we have huge transfer deficits which is what has truly plunged us in the ffp mire. You can't repair that deficit from selling the likes of Tosun and Gomes, you'd do well to get £5m for the pair of them.

We need to sell the likes of DcL, Pickford and Richarlison - the transfer fees they would bring in are the only way we will have the leeway to make major changes to the squad. And as our 'better players' have proven this year, they're a bunch of chumps as well so it would be pointless trying to build a new team around players we know are rubbish. We need to press the reset button in a big way, no matter what division we find ourselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back