Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing me bollocks off if people are pacified with that performance and result today. We need 4/5 players to avoid the drop. Dele isn't saving us spending whatsoever; the defence is still a midden, as we saw yet again; and dont even start on the pathetic midfield.

That lot today wont save us. In fact, if there was VAR in that game today we'd have drawn it...a game against a team in the old third division.
Can’t disagree one bit.

Worst midfield I think we’ve seen in many years.

It's terrible.

A top 15 PL team sweeps Blackpool aside with a commanding performance...we scabbed a win.

Make no mistake, at this rate of incoming players relegation will happen this coming season.
Davies, Gomes, an ageing Allan and a fading Doucoure is as bad as it gets I’m afraid.

Wouldn’t hold their own in the championship over a season.

They start their season next week it was definitely an improvement on getting humped 4-0 no? We put some decent passages of play together yes there are issues with every area of the pitch but we knew that. Don't get me wrong it doesn't mask the issues with this squad we still need four players.
Definitely an improvement but so many issues as I mentioned we will get exposed by better opposition worrying times nothing has changed since last season we’ve lost our best attacking player and gained a decent cb but our whole defence needs reinforcements

Davies, Gomes, an ageing Allan and a fading Doucoure is as bad as it gets I’m afraid.

Wouldn’t hold their own in the championship over a season.
It comes to something when you're praying Delph was picked late last season.

...now we dont even have him.

4/5 decent ready to go PL players are needed to *just* avoid the drop.

I mean, first half they had nothing. Looked very average and Godfrey, Mina and Tarkowski had it under control without stepping up any gears.

Second half they had a solid 5-10 min spell, and then one or two moments after tonnes of changes had been made. Plenty of positives in the game. Things to note on the negative though;

- Set pieces remain a concern.
- Davies and Doucoure don’t look any use at all in a 343.
- Rondon actually had a good game, but we really need another striker who is mobile.
- Gordon wasn’t on it.
I’m not sure whether it’s a case that we have been so bad all I can focus on is the negatives. Even for one of the goals a scuffed cross a scuffed shot good save rebound off the post and a tap in. And then even tho Patterson did well with the cross for mykos goal his first touch was awful in the first passage of that play. After seeing what we’ve had so far pre season or not nothings changed seriously worried about the upcoming season struggle to see how we keep teams out and also how we score goals. Set pieces are still a huge concern although with a pairing of Mina Tarkowski I’d feel a lot more confident, I think the next couple of signings could be the most important in our history let’s hope thelwell is a mastermind and pulls something totally unexpected off been hard being a blue over the years but this is the newest low for me without a ball even being kicked I hope I’m wrong.

I’m not sure whether it’s a case that we have been so bad all I can focus on is the negatives. Even for one of the goals a scuffed cross a scuffed shot good save rebound off the post and a tap in. And then even tho Patterson did well with the cross for mykos goal his first touch was awful in the first passage of that play. After seeing what we’ve had so far pre season or not nothings changed seriously worried about the upcoming season struggle to see how we keep teams out and also how we score goals. Set pieces are still a huge concern although with a pairing of Mina Tarkowski I’d feel a lot more confident, I think the next couple of signings could be the most important in our history let’s hope thelwell is a mastermind and pulls something totally unexpected off been hard being a blue over the years but this is the newest low for me without a ball even being kicked I hope I’m wrong.
Who is this Thelwell you speak of ?

It's just a sense I have.

He was never Moshiris man. I doubt hes massively keen to go "all in" on him.
I don't think its that I think its that he's turned the tap off (either to do with Unzy's money being/losing interest/realising the mess he's made)and that the stadium costs and P&L restricts what we can do anyway. We didn't spend last summer its the situation we are in. We can only do deals that suit us which means waiting. Sadly if we don't make moves very soon the first month could be a car crash, then whatever we do when the window closes we will be already in freefall.

Laughing me bollocks off if people are pacified with that performance and result today. We need 4/5 players to avoid the drop. Dele isn't saving us spending whatsoever; the defence is still a midden, as we saw yet again; and dont even start on the pathetic midfield.

That lot today wont save us. In fact, if there was VAR in that game today we'd have drawn it...a game against a team in the old third division.
Agree the midfield is still a massive problem then we still need cover out wide and upfront. I really hope that this week will be when we can being players into the club

It comes to something when you're praying Delph was picked late last season.

...now we dont even have him.

4/5 decent ready to go PL players are needed to *just* avoid the drop.
Lampard clearly doesn’t rate Allan, so it’s best he moves on, plus hasn’t really got age or legs on his side.

As for Davies and Gomes, it’s quite simple really, if either of them play we are playing with a man less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back